You can type here any text you want

Fastest MPH or ET recorded on a STOCK CAM'd 109

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
GN4u2c has been 10.50's on an unopened engine with a 6262.

Not sure what the fastest stock turbo went, but as far as camshafts though, the stock LC2 cam specs (I believe) are; 192/196 .384"/.408" (w/1.55 rockers) @ 107 LSA. If Cotton trapped that fast with the stock cam, that is very impressive...
For the time that was really hauling the mail. With today's converter tech and blowing on it really hard with a fresh stock cam and 1.75 intake rocker ratio on a 9:1 engine 133-134mph would be relatively easy. Maybe i shouldnt throw the easy word around. Tall slick and 3.23's. Need a lot of octane though.

10.97 1/4 unopend long block me an car weighed 3770lb ... blew a hg @ the 1k ft mark so only a 119 mph ... like 6.90 something @ 100 in 1/8 on a 1.66 60ft
found it

10secslip.jpg

For the time that was really hauling the mail. With today's converter tech and blowing on it really hard with a fresh stock cam and 1.75 intake rocker ratio on a 9:1 engine 133-134mph would be relatively easy. Maybe i shouldnt throw the easy word around. Tall slick and 3.23's. Need a lot of octane though.

Brian got a question.. why do you mention the 323's for that recipe Im assuming you would want the 323's because your a fan of NLU and 28" tires im assuming to keep RPM's lower. How about if a LU converter is utilized would you still run the smaller gears opposed to the 3;42's.. Brian i know you are a big fan of the PTC NLU's but a few years ago ..well let me re-phrase that..From what i have read you used to run LU and lock it on 3rd or on a certain MPH i cant recall the thread i read it on but its somehwere obviously an old thread..I also like the explanation of why a PTC NLU is superior because it couples like no other you have tested. But for a street driven car and commuting on the highway with an occasional stop at the track i think a LU is beneficial. So would the 323s be used because of the NLU or do you just prefer the smaller gear ratio.

my post was blowing through a pts 9x11 lock up ... im going with a ptc non lock up now

Brian got a question.. why do you mention the 323's for that recipe Im assuming you would want the 323's because your a fan of NLU and 28" tires im assuming to keep RPM's lower. How about if a LU converter is utilized would you still run the smaller gears opposed to the 3;42's.. Brian i know you are a big fan of the PTC NLU's but a few years ago ..well let me re-phrase that..From what i have read you used to run LU and lock it on 3rd or on a certain MPH i cant recall the thread i read it on but its somehwere obviously an old thread..I also like the explanation of why a PTC NLU is superior because it couples like no other you have tested. But for a street driven car and commuting on the highway with an occasional stop at the track i think a LU is beneficial. So would the 323s be used because of the NLU or do you just prefer the smaller gear ratio.
A LU converter is only going to be good while locked. The PTC NLU will be pulling from the start to the end of the 1/4mile. Most are locking in 3rd, which is usually at the 1/8 mile mark, losing the first half of the track. The stock cam will need low rpms and cylinder pressure.

. . . . and today i learned a new term .. pulling a bison :) . . .
x2! LOL . . . . that is when Bison makes a piston take a sheaaat . . . . . :D

......... I never pursued the stock cam myself but with a set of GN1 heads and a custom set of rocker arms i wouldnt be too impressed with less than 133mph with boost under 30psi.
Why is it that you always make is sound and look easy? LOL

87chrisss said:

No. Read forcefeds post. The gearing is part of the strategy with the small cams peak operating range when looking to run as fast as possible with it. You still need a converter that can couple. Reducing numerical gear makes it harder to couple. 3.42 would probably be fine with a tall slick. Youre limited to about 5600-5700 regardless and thats throwing a lot of boost at it with the supporting parts (except cam) and running a lot more spring than you see posted here. One could go as far as modifying the lifters for limited travel when trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the stock lobes. There isn't a lockup out there that will come close to coupling where the stock cam needs it when you have good heads and enough turbo to run 9's. When you're trying to get the most out of a combo you dont care about about anything else. The cam is the limiting factor youre dealing with. I used to run lockup converters long ago. It's been a long time. Lockup converter tech is the same today as it was back then. If you want to run the fastest with these limitations you need to do things that others haven't thought of or tried.

Jerryl said:
x2! LOL . . . . that is when Bison makes a piston take a sheaaat . . . . . :D

Why is it that you always make is sound and look easy? LOL

I never had a low enough mileage shortblock that had a cam that was in good enough shape. They are always worn. That and i have so many cams laying around that will better suit the heads and turbos I run that it would feel like driving the worlds fastest car but only being able to hit 10% throttle. I need one of those engines from RC's shop to do some "stock" testing with

Jim Hicks went 10.40's on a stock longblock.

TE45A, tons of boost, cojones of steel.

Bob

Back