Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

hahahahahaha...the chase is on!!!!! congrats John !!! She is back racing .. first run with brakes since BG 10.24 @ 131+ .. 74* an rained shortly after :rolleyes: ok gotta a get that car back at the track !!!! John..awesome MPH :eek: John what are ya running for a tire ???

M/T et drag.

Foot brake, through the exhaust. Combo hasn't changed since last time you asked.
Just had to lean on it a little more.:cool:

M/T et drag.

I would say that slicks would be mandatory at the tracks that we run on up here. There is very little track prep, and even when there is it isn't in good shape to begin with.....

My hunk went 11.3 @ 123 on the same day slipping at the line and at about the 330 mark......

From running at the tracks in the US, it seems like running on fly paper compared to what we are used to up here..........

Still though, even a bad track is better than none at all........

Still though, even a bad track is better than none at all........

yup !!! Ours closes at the end of October :redface: so we are trying to make Cecil County in Oct and then Reynolds Ga in Nov :biggrin: Melissa is on her way home from a LONG weekend with the car .. tryin to get her to go to the track tomorrow :eek: Then she said something about "hey I have a JOB I have to go to" :rolleyes: we'll see if she can get out early :eek: :cool:

Congrats on the times! Geez, you guys are wicked fast. I know it takes a bit of boost but how much timing are you using 1st, 2nd 3rd gear...Grumpy, JC?

I will give it a go very soon but on a stock bottom end! :eek:

I have my New Transmission going up soon. I lost all summer because of this...:mad:
With Trans and tuning problems, the car never ran under 130 MPH, so with a new Transmission and Tuning, I am hoping to dip into the 9's with my 109 / Iron Heads. Just gotta make sure the Alky is working fine.
I will post results in a few weeks.

Joe;)

CONGRAT'S to JC and Melissa!!!!!!!!!

Can'twait to get to the track, the TTA is almost ready for some real BOOST!!!!!!!!

keep us up dated, some one will see 9's soon!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D

CONGRAT'S to JC and Melissa!!!!!!!!!

Can'twait to get to the track, the TTA is almost ready for some real BOOST!!!!!!!!

keep us up dated, some one will see 9's soon!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D

had a problem today :redface: Melissa ran a 10.15 @ 135.58 with a soft 60' :eek: Track wants a full cage or slow the car down :mad: Don't know how strict Atco, Cecil County or Reynolds tracks are ??? anyone know ?? :confused:

Melissa car is sick it runs good ...

guys were all over it fri night ... they couldn't understand how the car went with the way it "Looks" :eek: :cool:

Attachments

• Meleng907.JPG
    Meleng907.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 3,397
had a problem today :redface: Melissa ran a 10.15 @ 135.58 with a soft 60' :eek: Track wants a full cage or slow the car down :mad: Don't know how strict Atco, Cecil County or Reynolds tracks are ??? anyone know ?? :confused:

So when are you coming down?:confused: And why would you have to have a full cage? Are they doing it by mph now? I thought 9.99 and down is when it needs a full cage...Dan the last few Saturdays of the racing season at Cecil they have just T&T and they prep the track really good.Well last year they did.You may find that 9.99 there.

I can tell you, Cecil will boot you on the 2nd run under 11.50...

Also to add... I wouldn't put a cage in that car regardless of how fast it goes. Roll cage = race car.

I still can't figure out why you guys don't toss a transbrake in that car. :confused:
Right there would be your easy 9-sec timeslip... and it certainly wouldn't make it any more of a "race car"... certainly not like a rollcage would.

we are "Legal" to 10.00 ... BUT we got called on for her speed ..135+ :redface: hey we could prob put slicks on it to :p

Update!!

Just wanted to post an update about John Crawford and his GN.

Looks like he went to the track again this past weekend.
Didn't have to make too many changes, except for his new time that is.

9.96 @ 139.8

Congrats John!!

Excellent run, especially considering you're still foot braking the car. I knew you'd get your 9 second pass.
Good job sir. That PT6776RS really rocks!

Patrick

That 9.9x pass was inevitable as the car went 10.08@138.xx, and 10.01@138.xx as well.

Those are the best that I can recall.

The weather was good (about 23 degC, so high 60's? with low humidity) and the track was ok.

Finally... the bar has been moved. Congrats to John...

9's on pump gas and stock ecm.. :D