Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Cars (updated 10.07.18)

Car is running fine, but to much going on to make BG. Was getting some power steering info when I saw your alert on the
9 sec run. That's just terrific man !!! I'd love to get into the 9"s, and Cal says it's very possible, but I don't have the use of my friends garage and lift anymore so I'm leary about racing all out. Just having street fun now. I bought a 35 Nash sedan delivery with a 446 chrysler from an 80 year old lady who's husband died 9 years ago and she put it in the garage and let it sit. Been working on that for 1 1/2 years, Sold it 2 weeks ago. Neat old car. Knocked off some of the hot shots around here and that's about the extent of my racing. Was supposed to race some loudmouthed guy for $1,000, but he never showed. Go to a few shows now an then also. Sounds like you guys are way to quick for me anyway... My friend Capt. Flash finally threw in the towel on trying to get the rust out (rusty gold t type) and he bought a roller. He's running a boat out of Orange Beach, Alabama now and so he's on hold as far as racing goes. He's the guy who drives up to BG from West Palm Beach when we were going to BG. Also bought a 2018 Harley Deluxe and that's been taking up alot of my spare time. So there you have it Bryan....I would like to someday make it back to BG and screw with you guys, but it's just not in the cards right now. So keep on truckin my friend, and I'll always remember that .0058
seconds for the rest of my life...hahaha.
Fred

Car is running fine, but to much going on to make BG. Was getting some power steering info when I saw your alert on the
9 sec run. That's just terrific man !!! I'd love to get into the 9"s, and Cal says it's very possible, but I don't have the use of my friends garage and lift anymore so I'm leary about racing all out. Just having street fun now. I bought a 35 Nash sedan delivery with a 446 chrysler from an 80 year old lady who's husband died 9 years ago and she put it in the garage and let it sit. Been working on that for 1 1/2 years, Sold it 2 weeks ago. Neat old car. Knocked off some of the hot shots around here and that's about the extent of my racing. Was supposed to race some loudmouthed guy for $1,000, but he never showed. Go to a few shows now an then also. Sounds like you guys are way to quick for me anyway... My friend Capt. Flash finally threw in the towel on trying to get the rust out (rusty gold t type) and he bought a roller. He's running a boat out of Orange Beach, Alabama now and so he's on hold as far as racing goes. He's the guy who drives up to BG from West Palm Beach when we were going to BG. Also bought a 2018 Harley Deluxe and that's been taking up alot of my spare time. So there you have it Bryan....I would like to someday make it back to BG and screw with you guys, but it's just not in the cards right now. So keep on truckin my friend, and I'll always remember that .0058
seconds for the rest of my life...hahaha.
Fred
Fred , sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy.
You and Flash are always good to talk to.
The TAI cars are getting pretty fast , I am still middle of the pack !
The .0058 win has got to be the closest race to ever be ran in TAI !! It could have gone to either of us, I didn't know I had passed you until the light went on in my lane !!! Was a great finish.... I wish I could have seen the photo at the finish line. Couldn't have been but a bumper between us.
This year will be the biggest payout that I have raised for the class, close to $5,000.00 .
Hopefully you can make it to the races next year, I would love to see you and Flash again.

Bryan

New personal best and a broken crank on the next pass... :(

9.72 @139.92
3650 lbs

Bryan

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_102513938_HDR.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 79
I don't have any further details...no oil leaking which was a blessing... could have been very bad with oil under the car. My guess is that the block split but won't know until I get it out to analyze. I am confident that it was on a 9.6x pass as it broke before the 330' and still went a 4.01. It sucks but I am happy with how it ran. Weighed in at 3645 , towed it to the scales to be qualified before we found out how bad it was hurt .
I will be back soon... bought a spare RPE girdled and capped stroker short block in July and sent it to Patrick Broughtons house ... :)

Bryan

Here's the slip from when it broke

Bryan

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_150737315_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 63