You can type here any text you want

Favorite places to eat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DonnieShort

Who's Next?
I've developed a great liking for Logan's Roadhouse. Where are your favorite steak houses?

Montana Grill, the best steak in Bowling Green. Logan's would run a good second, though.

Hey Donnie...you need to try Longhorns. Its on Harrodsburg Rd right in front of the mall. Steaks are awesome ;)

BuickGn Boosted said:
Ruth's Chris - #1 but can't afford to eat there very often.

Outboack - #2

I agree with your #1 choice but my #2 choice would be Smith & Wolensky's

ATTI2D said:
Hey Donnie...you need to try Longhorns. Its on Harrodsburg Rd right in front of the mall. Steaks are awesome ;)

I've heard that it was really good. Seems when we go out it's either Logan's or Outback and occassionally Lone Star. Just can't pull the trigger to go anywhere else. I guess it's because we know what we like there and now what to expect

.......and I'll give you my #3 choice

#1 Ruth Christs
#2 Smith and Wollensky's
#3 Houstons :D

A buddies parent's place, El Dorado Steak House. 10 oz filet that you can cut with your fork and melts in your mouth. I think I need to make some reservations for this weekend :D !

Can't say I have a favorite, I've been let down lately by black angus, and especially outback

Last time I was in outback I asked for medium well and they gave me a peice of bloody meat that was still having muscle spasms

I had to send it back twice, which eliminated my appetite cause you know the odds of them spitting on it are severly elevated after that.

To top it off, I finished my first glass of iced tea waiting, and then never got a refill for the rest of the meal.

I was highly pissed. Outback did that to me before too, its really gone downhill, screw that place.

In Bowling Green it has to be Raffertys! My absolute favorite place. Last time I was there they had a Buick thing going on at Beech Bend.

Longhorn is my favorite.
If I want a cheaper steak then it would be Applebees House Sirloin.
The only thing with Applebees is they do not serve baked potatos. I really like a great big baked potato or two with my steak.....

I'm wondering now if I have a steak in the deepfreeze..
Sounds tempting.

Do you guys have lone start out there? It's probably the one of the best steak houses Ive been too. Ususally when i get a steak anywhere else its only pink. Like they call that med. rare. I wanna hear the cow moo evertime I stick my fork in it lol.

Pablo, last time I went to the outback up here, it was horible. Took an hour to get our meals, and never got a refill either. We had one party eat and leave next to us, before we even got our order taken. They were seated after us too.

You guys will have to let me know where good places are in B.G. Last time I went we stayed in the camp grounds and ate at that little diner on the right hand side of the main road in town. Not sure of the name but it was a good breakfast. Well thats all we went out for, to drunk after that to drive :eek:

Thanks

Drew L said:
I agree with your #1 choice but my #2 choice would be Smith & Wolensky's

Smith & Wolensky's ain't exactly cheap either.

Del Friscos
The Palm (great lobster too)
Palm Too
Mortons
Kansas City Prime
Shula's
Capital Grill
The Prime Rib
and if in New York, who could forget Peter Lugers

The list goes on and on.

ATTI2D said:

I see you live in lexington KY,.. i went to raffertys there and tied one on during Link Belt school... that was a good time :eek:

That town was neat :)

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
I see you live in lexington KY,.. i went to raffertys there and tied one on during Link Belt school... that was a good time :eek:

That town was neat :)

BW

Lexington is about the only place to eat around here, that has a variety of choices anyway. Yeah, it's a great town with alot of car guys. Kinda surprising that no ones' built a drag strip here. We had one here about 27 years ago, Bluegrass Dragway but the owner turned it into a commercial development. They would make money hand over fist and if somebody did one nice enough Lexington is big enough to be able to support an NHRA event.

70Mach1 said:
...and if in New York, who could forget Peter Lugers

Peter Lugers for an excellent porterhouse and I love the filet from Ruths Chris(extra butter please :D )

Those are pretty much the only two steakhouses I go to aside from occasionally The Palm, which is also excellent.

Steve

I love Texas Roadhouse b/c you get a lot of food for a great price, and the food is pretty damn good. Get the hot rolls when you walk in along with a bucket of peanuts, salad comes with dinner. By the time I actually get my meal, I usually only eat an 8 oz steak and the thick cut fries after eating all the appetizer stuff.

DonnieShort said:
Lexington is about the only place to eat around here, that has a variety of choices anyway. Yeah, it's a great town with alot of car guys. Kinda surprising that no ones' built a drag strip here. We had one here about 27 years ago, Bluegrass Dragway but the owner turned it into a commercial development. They would make money hand over fist and if somebody did one nice enough Lexington is big enough to be able to support an NHRA event.

Donnie-
How far from Lex do you live? When i was there i had a blast, it was a great time.
Lexington reminds me of kansas city, lots of green grass and the town looked like it was prime and ready to start expanding...
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Donnie-
How far from Lex do you live? When i was there i had a blast, it was a great time.
Lexington reminds me of kansas city, lots of green grass and the town looked like it was prime and ready to start expanding...
BW

I live just a few minutes south of Lexington, but I work there everyday. It's a real nice town with tons of stuff to do. And boy is it expanding!! Almost too fast really, but it's good for me since I'm in the building buisness :cool:

Back