You can type here any text you want

Feedback regarding Harland Sharp's excellent customer service

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LtdT

To my Turbo Buick friends,

Today is Friday...and I am happy...because of Harland Sharp's customer service!!

On Wednesday, as I was changing out the noisy Comp Cam lifters to replace with Morrels, I found a galled thread on one of my new HS roller rocker arms. Now they are not EXACTLY new....I bought them from a guy on this site late last year...he said they were nearly new or maybe even unused. He sent them to my engine builder, who installed them and gave me the engine late last year. I was out of the country for a month and had a "no start when hot issue" that I had a heck of a time fixing...and am just now able to replace the lifters. So you can see that these aren't exactly new, and that they were not purchased from HS by me.

I explained all this to HS's Randy Jr and despite me not buying them from him, and the uncertainty around what had caused this problem, he never hesitated in advising to send it in for a warranty examination. When I called I was hoping I could just buy one lever....never dreamed I'd get this response!!

So yesterday (Thursday) I sent the lever to them...and today (Friday) Randy Jr called to tell me that the problem was due to a quality issue with the adjusting screw (a goober on a thread), that he had fixed the lever, and will return it with a new adjusting screw to me....all at no charge!! He even offered to send me a brand new lever if I was uncomfortable with a "fixed" lever. IMO there is no need for that when I got a stand up guy telling me that my lever is as good as new.

Absolutely Excellent Customer Service by Harland Sharp that I want to share :) .

Regards, Bob Kolhouse

Back