Feeler & Feedback Please: 9/11 Show for the Troops @ TMS

SuperCPA

I don't feel tardy.....
As long as I have been hanging out around this site I am approaching each of you knowing that I will get a good unfiltered response here.

What I have in the works:

Cliff notes:

A car show at TMS on this 10th anniversary of 9/11 (Patriot Day) that will give absolutely 100% of its gross proceeds to a well respected charity specifically designed to help our U.S. troops in need of financial assistance. No gimmicks, no BS about it. All services on hand are paid for privately or donated.

Details:

Although I belong to several car clubs around DFW, this is not being billed under the guise of bringing in funds for neither me nor any other group other than the charity in question. Coming from a family with a very long U.S. military background, I have very strong feelings about this cause.

"Operation Sweet 16": My 15 year old niece has decided that the extravagance that is shelled out for many sweet 16 birthday parties (especially those seen on MTV) could be better put to use. In lieu of a birthday party of this nature, she is determined to raise $16,000 to donate to Operation Once In A Lifetime by the time her 16th birthday arrives 03.16.12. She decided to launch her campaign on Memorial Day this year. Since then, she has been working diligently to meet her goal. This event would be organized to help her meet and hopefully exceed that goal by the time her 16th birthday arrives. She has a website up and running at Operation Sweet 16 | Home | Raising money for our U.S. Soldiers in their time of need. that provides the full details about this inspiring wish. I invite you to please if nothing else, visit her website to see what she is attempting to accomplish for our men and women of the military. Obviously, if you feel strong enough about the cause, you can make even a small donation to our troops in need through her website.

Event: Patriot Day Support Show
Date: 09.11.11 (Patriot Day)
Time: 12:00 – 17:00 (Proposed)
Registration Donation: $10.00 (Would $15.00 be too much? If it has wheels, it is welcome)

I know that it would be cooler to have this at night; but, not very many people want to go to a car show on a Sunday evening. Having this on Saturday evening 09.10.11 detracts from its significance in my opinion. Besides, it will still not be as hot as it is for our military serving in the Middle East!

1. Security personnel will be in position throughout the show
2. We would have an area that can accommodate 2500+ cars
3. Restrooms will be made available next to the show at the small circle track
4. Trash receptacles will be adequately provided by TMS as well.
5. I am working with multiple vendors and will announce them as I can get some more things nailed down.

I have to act quickly. If I can get a good feel of the potential participation level from you, I will be able to better determine its viability. Your responses are now welcomed and thank you for taking time to hear me out.

- Carl