You can type here any text you want

Feeler: My 9sec 109 Turbo-T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i was not doubting you, i was just wondering about a 200r4 runiing 9 seconds.:D
but....since you ask no i dont think the "conversion" chart is correct.
Running 109mph in the 1/8 on a good tune you would probably pick up 25mph on the 2nd half of the track=134mph which would be around 10.20 or 10.10.

i just know it sounds so easy...but it is so hard to acheive.

PS..CAR LOOKS NICE!!

thanks for the compliment.....a 10.10? huh? dude, i went 10.50 on a 9" M/T drag radial and street tune. that was also with the 3.42 gears and a looser converter, i have since gotten the converter tightned up and 3.23 gears in......and first time out with that setup it went 6.2's in the 1/8th(with the uped boost and race tune). so it's going to pick up even more in the 1/4 than when i ran the car before. compare my slips with some other guys running 9's....it's a solid 9sec car!

the reason the car runs so well is because of the 60'. most buick guys running high 9's do not cut mid 1.3 60's.

i was not doubting you, i was just wondering about a 200r4 runiing 9 seconds.:D
but....since you ask no i dont think the "conversion" chart is correct.
Running 109mph in the 1/8 on a good tune you would probably pick up 25mph on the 2nd half of the track=134mph which would be around 10.20 or 10.10.

i just know it sounds so easy...but it is so hard to acheive.

PS..CAR LOOKS NICE!!

Your car is definately a 9 sec car. I ran 9.94 going 6.310 in the 1/8th and you are already a tenth ahead of me with relitively the same if not better sixty foot. You would be between a 9.7 to 9.8 in the 1/4. Good luck on your sale.

thanks ttypewhite, i would not post it if it wasn't true....the new owner is getting a 9sec ride(if they wish to run the tune up i did) and i never got a chance to see what it could really do in the 1/8th mile either. i suspect 6.1-6.0's out of the car. i took 170lbs off the car.

thanks ttypewhite, i would not post it if it wasn't true....the new owner is getting a 9sec ride(if they wish to run the tune up i did) and i never got a chance to see what it could really do in the 1/8th mile either. i suspect 6.1-6.0's out of the car. i took 170lbs off the car.

A car is a 9 second car when it runs a 9 second pass verified by either time slips or video. Guys go to the track for years with 109 and stage blocks dialing in their cars before they pull off a 9 second pass.

A 9 second pass is streetbike fast so when you say your car is a 9 second car it is usually acompanied by time slips or video since many people have tried and few have achieved it. Even fewer with a 109 block and a 2004r.

Your combo sounds like it definately has the potiential for a 9 second pass.

A car is a 9 second car when it runs a 9 second pass verified by either time slips or video. Guys go to the track for years with 109 and stage blocks dialing in their cars before they pull off a 9 second pass.

A 9 second pass is streetbike fast so when you say your car is a 9 second car it is usually acompanied by time slips or video since many people have tried and few have achieved it. Even fewer with a 109 block and a 2004r.

Your combo sounds like it definately has the potiential for a 9 second pass.

Why pollute the guys thread with that stuff? He has a timeslip, its a 1/8th mile one, and by the 1/8th he is well on his way to a 9 sec pass. He has more mph and et then I had at the 1/8th with the both of us running 1.3+ sixty foots. Whats there to question? If your interested in his car pm the man, don't kick him down when he is selling a legitimate 9 sec car. Come on, where is the love around here:confused:

Why pollute the guys thread with that stuff? He has a timeslip, its a 1/8th mile one, and by the 1/8th he is well on his way to a 9 sec pass. He has more mph and et then I had at the 1/8th with the both of us running 1.3+ sixty foots. Whats there to question? If your interested in his car pm the man, don't kick him down when he is selling a legitimate 9 sec car. Come on, where is the love around here:confused:

Oh I love the car. Would have likely bought the car if I hadn't bought my stage car. It has a lot of money into it for sure. It's a 9 second car when it runs a 9 second pass. That's not polluting the thread. That's a fact.

maybe i need to fix the tranny and go grab my 9sec slip. it'll only take one pass.....and i will bet money on that. i just haven't goten a chance to go to the 1/4 strip. hell, i bet i could even squeeze a high 9 with the drag radials.

maybe i need to fix the tranny and go grab my 9sec slip. it'll only take one pass.....and i will bet money on that. i just haven't goten a chance to go to the 1/4 strip. hell, i bet i could even squeeze a high 9 with the drag radials.

I would definately fix the tranny. The car appears nearly perfect otherwise. I would think that you would get quite a bit more interest if it was turn-key. Even if the tranny only needs one part it still has to be dropped and fixed.

The car appears very streetable and someone looking for a turn-key street car would show the money quicker if they didn't have to make any repairs.

With a set of MT DR's I would think a 9 sec. pass is likely for sure with ur combo. You should put it up on EBAY as well. You could always reserve the right to end the auction early if it sells locally.

Even if you have someone comming to look at it over the weekend you should still list a price here.

price is listed above in one of my posts, 17k as it sits. i have just spent too much money on this thing, and i'm ready to move on. we will see what happens.

I would think that if a guy is showing a 1/8 slip, and another board member can agree that it should run a 9.xx time, that would good enough to purchase knowing that is should, not that it's a fact, but should run 9's. So I think it should be left at that and let him sell this without chasing people off with the money and desire to buy it. It's far too easy to put the shakes into someone who is buying.

First of all, nice car Cody! You should have no trouble selling it. Secondly, if anyone has any doubt this car should run 9's, you have no business even commenting. I mean come on, 60' in the 1.3's and runs 109 in the 1/8th. I think it'll run a 9.90 hitting the brakes at the end of the track.
Someones gonna get a sweet deal, believe me you won't come close to building it for what he's asking.

While I have no doubt it is a 9 sec car, doing this would definitely bring more $$ and probably help make a faster sale.

Tire kickers.:rolleyes:

Just the cost savings alone it worth it. But to not buy it over the fact is has not produced the paper proff is just stupid. Have has laid it out so you know what your buying. I mean really.

ok, my potential buyer decided not to buy the car....he did not even come look at it. he said it was bad timing for him. so the car is still for sale!

fabulous car--great price even if it ran 10.50s---cant imagine reason for gnbrett is posting his comments

Back