You can type here any text you want

fel pro performance intake gasket part #

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

williambavila

William Avila (The Buick Guy)
I am looking for the fel pro performance intake gasket part # if anyone has it. i do not want the valley pan type

That's what I was thinking. Do they work good with ported heads and intake?

That's what I was thinking. Do they work good with ported heads and intake?

Depends on port dimensions. If they are ported to the stock gasket, then yes, if they are ported to the 1200 Fel-Pro dimensions, then no. No reason to use a 1200 gasket if the ports are matched to the stock gasket, which most ported heads are. If the heads are ported to the 1200 Fel-Pro, then to match the intake to them you will have to weld the manifold or lay a good blob of epoxy to fill a couple of holes. The stock intake manifold cannot support a 1200 intake gasket port matching with out breaking through in at least one place. If it doesn't break through, then the runner is not straight, i.e., it is narrower than the cylinder head port. You can port to an inch of it's life and not break through, but cross sectional area will not be optimized, and will then be prone to cracking. JB weld/epoxy will allow full port cross sectional area with out breaking out the TIG welder. (which will warp the manifold, requiring machining to true it back up. I prefere epoxy.)

That was very informative. I'll do some measuring but I think it'll work out just fine.

Thank You

Back