fellow gn drivers in edmonton, alberta???

gordsgn

is there anybody out there in gn land from edmonton and area? i am a new owner and i am looking for some support/info. hoping to hear from somebody

thanks
Gord

Not quite Alberta.......

But not too far away, Sean from Saskatoon here! I have owned my 86 T-Type (bought from Edmonton oddly enough...) for the last 10 years and have wasted more money on this thing that I would care to think about lol. :D
Learned a lot along the way though, give me a call anytime if you need to pick my brain about anything at all!
306-221-2977
When it runs, it runs mid to low 10's on pump/alky. Good times

Welcome

Welcome Gord,

I am always suprised how many GN's there are in Edmonton, my guess would be 30+. I know of three Stage 2s in Northern Alberta as well some guys have more than one GNTtype. Check out Castrol Raceway for the friday night street legal drags. You are good to 11.5 with out a roll bar.

Lets hear about your car. Did you buy it locally ?

Greg

yeah there are quite a few members of that club as well in Edmonton (including me), if you need info or help give me a pm, i've worked on these cars for many, many years, and have quite a lot of friends that i help out.

thanks for the replies.

the car is a 1986 grand national. it was totally stock when i bought it and the only modification that i have made so far is to ditch the powermaster brakes (when they failed on me while i was driving) and install a vacuum system which now works great.

i did buy it locally, from a mechanic on the north side about 2 months ago, he had it sitting in his shop and i came across it totally by accident and bought it that day. it runs great and it is mechanically sound everywhere else and the only major issue is the body. it is pretty rusty under the doors and a little bit on the fender wells but the rest is ok. on that note does anybody know of a good body shop in edmonton that does rust repair mostly it is just collision shops that i found.

thanks again for the replies and look to be hearing from me soon as i might need some info in the near future