You can type here any text you want

felpro 1200 thickness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pacecarta

LOGGED OUT
Staff member
does anyone know the thickness of the felpro 1200 gaskets

reason i ask is i got a set of cnc ported heads off the board and the intake surface looked to be milled ,well apparently they are heavily milled for what reason i still dont know to the point that the egr passge holes on the ends are just a hole (no comma shaped depression like im used to seeing)
the previous owner claimed he used stock gaskets which are even taller than the .060 cometics i planned to run
i bolted the heads loose and went to fit the intake with 90633 gasket to square the heads before torqueing them down and the intake wont possibly work with a 90633 gasket , , i have approx .100 -.108 on each side of the intake with the intake sitting on the block (no gasket rubber strips or sealer on block either ) the heads pulled up tight on the dowels
intake is stock never cut
i dont know how much going to steel shims would help
Has any one ever run across this ?

correction ...the gasket i tried that isnt close is the felpro 96033pb gasket

You could use Cometic .040" headgaskets to help pull the intake down if compression ratio is still good.

the felpro 1200 wouldnt have worked then as its only a little thicker than the 96033

never heard of the TA thick gasket but i have to assume whoever ran these used them , i cant see how anything less would have worked .

did a bit of measuring and found approx .140 was milled off the intake face (stock has .1775" at the ledge just below the valve cover , these heads only had .044 so i decided i'd attempt to restore the head back to original dimensions so I made a pair of spacers from 1/8 (.125)aluminum sheet using the 96033 gasket as a guide (i didnt cut the egr pasageways because the heads egr werent filled ), checked the fit against the ports then permatexed and bolted them to the head ...waiting for the permatex to take a set so theyll stay aligned while i set the 96033 pan gaskets in , ill know in the AM if theyll work

thanks guys ,

You could use Cometic .040" headgaskets to help pull the intake down if compression ratio is still good.

thanks for the suggestion but thats really the reason this project was started

the motor was built many years ago (not by me) and shelved ,
pistons are sealed power forged .030 and heads were stock valve and unported but milled , the gaskets were steel shims and compression test showed 192-195 across the board and motor was a pain to try to tune any power on pumpgas and alky and to top it off it had a oil problem (light smoke), when i pulled the old heads apart last night i found intake style seals on both intake and exhaust (was cut for them) and they were all popped up.

nice thing is the motor has less than 1,500 miles on it now , has 4 steel mains , and a duttweiler spec cam .
now it will have a set of heads cnc /race ported big valve (1.77,1.50) 1.65 T+Ds, and ported intake to help it reach its potential

Back