Festival cloth t- top car #149 $10k

webleyaz

Damn, that was fast!
I have been restoring this Turbo Trans Am since '09 and since we have to close the shop I won't have room for "extra" cars any more. It had been my daily driver between Nov. '09 and July '12 when I got my next project running that gets 40+ mpg.
It's lots of fun to drive, of course, and is about 80% restored. The exterior is a solid 9.5, drivetrain is a 9, interior is a 7.5.
The paint and body was done in '09 and has about 18k miles on it. I think it has 5 microscopic chips that I've touched up. The air dams under the front are still missing mostly because I never remember to look for replacements. The wheels , to me, are an eye sore. The clear is peeling off. There's a local company that can restore them to like new but it's $600 that I'd rather not spend now. I have a new set of emblems that the next owner can install or leave them off for a while to beat up on unsuspecting rivals who think there's a 15 second f-body lined up next to them. It never gets old.
Drivetrain gets a 9 because although it flies like it's just broken in, it has a lot of miles. 165,327 of them. I have installed a Precision Industries 3000 stall converter, a starter from an LT1, and an Alky Control kit. Some PO put a K&N on it. The trans is marvelous so it must have been redone sometime but I really have no idea when. Very crisp shifts and no flaring whatsoever. I did the front brakes about 200 miles ago and have new pads for the rear still in a box. Rear shock also replaced within 500 miles. The exhaust needs some attention. It had just the downpipe when I got it and in a pinch I bought a used aftermarket 3rd gen system for $20. It's every cent and not a penny more. I have seen the OE style tips on somebody's website but never got around to buying them.
The interior. Things are imperfect in here. I started with the headliner and really haven't gotten much further. I did finally find a decent set of door panels and installed the passenger side to appease the gf. It could use a nice console and carpet. The steering wheel has seen its better days, also. Basically, if a guy put a couple grand and a few weekends into this car he'd really be stylin'! As a daily driver I'd maybe just slide the replacement driver door panel on and kill a bunch more bugs.
Since it has so many miles I gotta get just $10k for it. Pretty cheap for a cloth TTA that not only runs and drives but I wouldn't hesitate to hop in and drive coast to coast. Except that the WS6 parts would probably necessitate a kidney belt on a guy my age.

20130108_121956.jpg

20130108_122056.jpg

20130108_122502.jpg

I have a few more pics at: http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/webleyaz/Turkey/