FFL info

CGASTON

So who on here owns or has an FFL? I am interested in getting one and have some questions. So if you don't mind, lets talk!!

A C&R is only good for pre 1898 guns right? At least that is what I got from the ATC website. What is an '01 n '03? I want to be able to buy and sale new guns and ammo.... Little side business.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

'03 C&R is for guns over 50 years old.
Mostly military but they have a book with all the guns listed.
Ammo shouldn't be a problem with out an FFL.

Colt 1911
Walther pp, P38
Luger

They can't be new production though I've heard of new reproductions listed in the book.

'01 is a dealers license. not that easy to get and takes alot longer..
Typically, you also need a store front, not out of your house..

Also,

You can't "deal" with a collectors license. I think they state "make a living". You can buy, and at some point you have to sell your stuff, you just can't make a living doing it.

With a C&R you can also legally own automatics if it's made before a certain date as well as short barreled rifles.;) It depends on the date of manufacture of course but if I remember right a 1928 Thompson is one of them you don't have to regester as a class III weapon since it's as old as it is.:D

I think the full auto depends on the state more than anything but I wouldn't know the details.

The best part about the C&R is its real easy to get and you have guns shipped directly to your house from private party's with no background checks..

I was figuring that I needed a store front of some kind.

My buddy got his, not hard at all. Just a bunch of paperwork... You have to get fingerprinted and send them a background check etc.... You don't have to have an FFL to sale ammo.... I can buy stuff off the net within pennies of what it costs me as a dealer... Same things with some guns...

I just hope you are not looking at it for a source of income unless you have a wad to put into inventory....

Background is covered with my military/civilian career. Just dont know what license is good for me. Hate having to pay dealer fees for shipping a gun. Plus i would like to get into full auto and silencers. I know a tax stamp required, but easier as an FFL holder

Class II and III weapons are a total bitch, especially where you are. A standard FFL is pretty simple but once you decide to go with autos and destructive devices then the ATF can come knock on your door anytime they want, and I mean anytime. If you don't allow them in they have the right to bust your door down to check inventory. Usually doesn't happen but since you're in AZ and fairly near the boarder you'll have a hard time to become a class restricted dealer.