You can type here any text you want

FI cam tech....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Did you get regestered on Eng-tips Chuck? Thanks for the heads up on the thread.;)

So to all you guys running huge turbos... install a roots supercharger and you should be pushing even more with the right cam.

I don't think going from 70~75% efficiency to 40% will allow much additional pushing.

earlbrown said:
I don't think going from 70~75% efficiency to 40% will allow much additional pushing.

So you mean by pushing more air on top of the air the turbo is pushing into an engine with a cam designed for a turbo would actually decrease performance? Am I understanding that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

I'm w/ Earl.....I'm not sure where you are going w/ that suggestion.

It's very interesting what can be found around the internet in regards to camshafts and turbocharging. Some of the crap I see posted makes me roll my eyes. Guys putting outrageous camshafts in engines making 150hp per hole or less. Its ridiculous. Just about everything on here would be situations where the ex pressure is much higher than manifold pressure. If not the engine will be a laggy turd ball. Therefore the lowest pressure you can ever have in the cylinder at tdc is the ex pressure. Not too hard to see what happens as rpm increases and backpressure increases while both valves are open. Your 280* intake duration is now 260*.

Back