filter install

jerrad

Anyone have any tips? I installed my old one and ended up not being able to put the pan on. Is there a magic trick or am I slow?
Thanks

Put trans gel or lithum grease around the o-ring. You didnt push it up enought or the old o-ring was still stuck in there.

Anyone have any tips? I installed my old one and ended up not being able to put the pan on. Is there a magic trick or am I slow?
Thanks

did the orange O-ring/gasket stay in the trans. OR is it still on the pickup filter. My students changed one and had the same problem----we took a hooked pick tool and removed the oring/gasket and installed on the pickup tube......pan went on.

I didn't see an o-ring. It will be on the filler/dip stick tube correct? I guess I need to get a pick and go to town.
It also seems like the filler tube and the valve body are too close together. Do I put the o ring on the filter or on the tube?
Thanks guys.

I didn't see an o-ring. It will be on the filler/dip stick tube correct? I guess I need to get a pick and go to town.
It also seems like the filler tube and the valve body are too close together. Do I put the o ring on the filter or on the tube?
Thanks guys.
We put the o-ring on the filter--then a little trans.fluid for lub. and insert/push-up in opening. Filter will be very close to valve-body.

Attachments

• 100_0356.jpg
    100_0356.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 142