You can type here any text you want

filter install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jerrad

Anyone have any tips? I installed my old one and ended up not being able to put the pan on. Is there a magic trick or am I slow?
Thanks

Put trans gel or lithum grease around the o-ring. You didnt push it up enought or the old o-ring was still stuck in there.

Anyone have any tips? I installed my old one and ended up not being able to put the pan on. Is there a magic trick or am I slow?
Thanks

did the orange O-ring/gasket stay in the trans. OR is it still on the pickup filter. My students changed one and had the same problem----we took a hooked pick tool and removed the oring/gasket and installed on the pickup tube......pan went on.

I didn't see an o-ring. It will be on the filler/dip stick tube correct? I guess I need to get a pick and go to town.
It also seems like the filler tube and the valve body are too close together. Do I put the o ring on the filter or on the tube?
Thanks guys.

I didn't see an o-ring. It will be on the filler/dip stick tube correct? I guess I need to get a pick and go to town.
It also seems like the filler tube and the valve body are too close together. Do I put the o ring on the filter or on the tube?
Thanks guys.
We put the o-ring on the filter--then a little trans.fluid for lub. and insert/push-up in opening. Filter will be very close to valve-body.

Anyone have a refrence pic of which way the filter should be turned?
Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0356.jpg
    100_0356.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 142
Russ, is that a 700r filter? Will it go in the same direction.
Thanks for the pic.

Back