Finally...Coach's New Build...

More...This baby is sooo sweet!!!
image-1404281059.jpg
image-837872665.jpg
image-1834248137.jpg
image-3737522887.jpg

Ok guys, I got my custom radiator from Pete at Alradco. I will make this statement...
"Any member who is in the market for a great American Made radiator and chooses another product...has never seen one of these." This thing is not only an exact OEM copy, but it's a work of art. The welds are perfect, the materials fit perfect, and the overall performance is second to none.
I am basing my info from Brian Lorenz, who just finished Marty Green's Limited. Brian's Chestnut Limited runs 9.5's and Marty's Limited run 9.6's...both of them cool as ice with these radiators. My car is getting ready to be Brian's 3rd 9 sec streetcar in his sig, and I am very proud of that.
Take a look...

View attachment 185816View attachment 185817

Thank you both for the good words. We really appreciate it. Brian is very talented and I'm sure you will be very pleased when your car is done. And you're doing things right. Keep the updates coming!

Peter

Ok fellas...
I picked up a little of the eye candy today.
This is just the tip of the iceberg!!!
First is my Billet 67 HPQ...chromed!!!

image-4062805491.jpg
image-713083008.jpg
image-3490167308.jpg

Last is my Race Ported Champion intake. Billet neck, Billet hold down, 160 stat, and Billet EGR cover...and it's Chromed!!!

image-3746037497.jpg
image-1025786420.jpg
image-1516127016.jpg
image-2283958150.jpg
image-2316687700.jpg

You guys kill me. It is only going to get worse from here.
I was on the phone with dsapper the other night. He is doing the Pro Touring build that is totally insane, from the frame up. He is on board with helping me choose my new front suspension and frame components. His build is different then mine in he wants superior handling and mines "1/4 mile Beast" meets Killer Showcar.
I actually have 9 separate lists of "Things to do" for different areas of this car. I have no less then 12 separate fabrication projects going right now. I will be posting up 100's of hours of fabrication over the coarse of this build.
Please enjoy. I have always had a vision of what I wanted my GN to look like...and its starting to happen.

Thank you all for watching.

Here's a better pic if the shield. I polished it better. Looked like shit in the other pics.
image-3924143627.jpg
image-965192469.jpg
image-1410691806.jpg

Are you going to be street driving the car much? Have you looked at the TRZ suspension? That's what I got for my car but my progress is so slow on the build I am seriously considering calling it quits. If you want any pics or details of their stuff let me know. It is very nice but my car was going to be drag race with minimal street cruising.

Red C5 said:
Are you going to be street driving the car much? Have you looked at the TRZ suspension? That's what I got for my car but my progress is so slow on the build I am seriously considering calling it quits. If you want any pics or details of their stuff let me know. It is very nice but my car was going to be drag race with minimal street cruising.

Thanks Pete,
I really wish I could post up finished sketches of some of my ideas for everyone to see.
I'm getting another frame to modify...extensively...with the help of dsapper ( The owner of the Killer Pro Touring car being built), and my man CharlieF1.
I'm going to make a fixture that bolts to the mount for the upper A arm. I'm welding it up so I can save the location hole of the lower A arm. ( Later on, while making my new crossmember, the fixture will insure that I have the mounting holes in the same location as factory.)
After that...I'm cutting that entire under engine crossmember out of the frame. ( Don't worry...I have a brace made to hold the frame together while its out)
After its out, I am going to place my empty engine block and tranny case into the frame with my driveshaft. I'm going to drop the engine down into the frame until its perfectly level. I can gain some serious rwhp by doing this. Hopefully another 3-5% of what's lost from the shitty angle the drivetrain sits in from the factory.
After that...I'm going to the rear and do the same with the main crossmember that has the mounts for the upper trailing arms. With some reengineering, I'm going to hopefully lower the frame, as a whole down, about 1 - 1 1/2 inches, while leaving the rear suspension in the same position off the ground. This should allow me to build everything I cut out and reengineer both crossmembers to work very well. With the correct front suspension components I want at least a true 1 1/2 inch drop. I will then block everything up and measure up for the new rear end housing placement. I'm fitting it up into my existing car and figuring for the larger tires...325-50's hopefully, but 295-55's at min on my 10 inch rims.
My goal is to rework the instant center with Charlief1's help and Baseline Suspension, and alter the locating points of the rear trailing arms.
If I have to cut the brackets off the side of the frame...so be it.
Basically...I plan in using both side rails of the frame and building all tubular chromoly crossmembers to put everything where I want it.
A perfectly engineered drivetrain location and instant center. Stiffer, stronger, and definitely way more detailed then any thing I've seen to date.
This will all start happening this summer/fall, so it won't be long.

Thanks

Well, I got a phone call this afternoon from Kevin at Baseline Suspensions. We talked about my new frame alterations...he was very impressed with my ideas. I will be able to pick a lowered stance and have a very functional suspension with a custom figured instant center and a new center of gravity.
We chose a driveline angle and a total drop to shoot for. I can't wait to see this car lowered and still launch like mad!!! Turns out 99% of my ideas he loved. I was only off on one thing, and that's only because I want to still drive it on the street. If it were track only...I woulda been spot on with everything.
I have to watch the downpipe when I drop the engine down to set the new driveline angle.
Other then that...you'll have to wait and see.

Send me an email Donnie, I'd like to know what Kevin said.;) Still need to send you some pics of the motor mounts if you want them.:cool:

Send me an email Donnie, I'd like to know what Kevin said.;) Still need to send you some pics of the motor mounts if you want them.:cool:

I will not need any motor mount change. Ill call you maybe on Sunday afternoon. Let me know if that works. To type out what we hashed out would take a bit.