Finally got my Jet-Hot Extreme coated parts in!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Enjoy the eye candy!
IMG_0423.jpg

I must say I am very pleased and it is supposed to be good to 1700 degrees. While the Jet-Hot 2000 can take hotter temps, the extreme sterling is actually a better insulator. Anyhow, I am a little ticked off as JET-HOT sprayed around the wastegate flapper and its really hard to move it, so I am hoping a little oil will fix it. And they also lost the little pin that goes on the arm. I will be contacting them shortly.:frown:

Jet hot coatings are nice, but dont expect them to retain that shine.... i had a set of headers with that coating and after a couple months the finish started to cloud up. :redface:

Jet hot coatings are nice, but dont expect them to retain that shine.... i had a set of headers with that coating and after a couple months the finish started to cloud up. :redface:

Yah unfortunately as it says with the card, these do require maintenance ( polishing etc.) but my main concern is the underhood temps.

wow they look good, i dropped my thdp off at ta performance on wednesday to be jet hot coated in the same sterling that you opted for. ill post up some pics when i get it back, i hope mine looks like that when i get it back.

buickbert

Coatings

That Sterling coating looks sic, if you don't mind me asking what did all that cost? north of $700.... They are going to look even better in your car. Nice very nice.

That looks great, something I've been thinking about doing also. How long did it take them to do it?

That Sterling coating looks sic, if you don't mind me asking what did all that cost? north of $700.... They are going to look even better in your car. Nice very nice.

Believe it or not, it was just over 500 for everything. The Jet Hot Extreme sterling is actually $50 cheaper per foot than the Jet Hot 2000. I would expect the shine to stand up a bit better as this is the Extreme Sterling, not just the Sterling. Said to be good up to 1700 degrees.

Red C5: Believe it or not, complete turnaround time was 2 weeks.

Looks great, my HPC was cheaper but the turbo housing is starting to show some brown so I bet the Jet Hot 1700 will do a better job.

Wait until you lift the hood after a day of cruising, wow what a difference. :eek:

It'll hold up well. Going to get a little chaulky @ the turns, but it should clean up with some "Mothers". You did mean $5 a foot cheaper than 2000, didn't you?

It'll hold up well. Going to get a little chaulky @ the turns, but it should clean up with some "Mothers". You did mean $5 a foot cheaper than 2000, didn't you?

Nope, I was told 50 bucks a foot cheaper, which makes sense because it cost me only 200 bucks just for an old downpipe a while ago with the 2000. I could only imagine what all this would have cost with the 2000.

Nope, I was told 50 bucks a foot cheaper, which makes sense because it cost me only 200 bucks just for an old downpipe a while ago with the 2000. I could only imagine what all this would have cost with the 2000.

Strange. Last time I had my DP and headers coated in black 2000, it was $20 per foot for 3" diameter inside/out. This was a few years ago but it's hard to believe the cost went up that much. No flame intended, just:confused:

Strange. Last time I had my DP and headers coated in black 2000, it was $20 per foot for 3" diameter inside/out. This was a few years ago but it's hard to believe the cost went up that much. No flame intended, just:confused:

Really? It cost me around 200 a year ago just for a downpipe, so it must have. Wonder if we went to the same store.:biggrin:

pm87tb: These are ATR headers.

But wait there's more!

Just got my powdercoated parts back from Ronnie Martin (rmar on this board). He used an extreme chrome coating which I like even more now that I seen them in person. Here you go.

IMG_0440.jpg