You can type here any text you want

Finally Lost one.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I finally lost a race. I was on my way to softball when i turned onto the local highway and saw a ford GT waiting at the light. I went slow and waited for him. He didnt seem to want to catch up and play so i continued on my way. About a mile up the road i see him coming up even with me as we approach a red light about 300 yards away. At this point were both slowing down. The light turns green and were at about 50 MPH. I hit it as does he. I spin, let out, get back in , spin again get back in, spin once more, then finally get traction and start to pull. By this time he's got a car length on me. We were coming into a turn and im doing about 115 so i let up. All in all he gout about 1.5-2.0 lengths on me. I wanted to know what the hell he had done to that thing cuz my car pulls HARD and that thing wasnt stock. He continues to take turns showing off and dissapeared. I noticed the vanity plate, 1SICKCAR. When i got to the game i asked my friend about it and he's like "yea i seen that thing at the car show. Its twin turbo 1300 HP." I was pretty pissed that if i had traction i would have had him but i felt a little better when i found out my buddy with a Miata smoked the crap out of him not too long ago. Yes, a Miata. (Fastest in the world on stock chasis). Thats it!!!!

Whenever i see Ford GT typed, im always thinking of a mustang.... I read your story and was figuring that it was a 91 GT mustang for some reason:eek:

So i googled it and found someone talking about it here

300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums) - Ford GT spotted

Found out it was a white with blue strips correct? How many GT40's do you see running around with that plate LOL..

How did it sound?

Here is a video i found of a 1300hp twin turbo GT40

http://www.torquenstein.net/movies/imv/IMVFilms_JoesGTTT.wmv

BW

Whenever i see Ford GT typed, im always thinking of a mustang.... I read your story and was figuring that it was a 91 GT mustang for some reason:eek:

So i googled it and found someone talking about it here

300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums) - Ford GT spotted

Found out it was a white with blue strips correct? How many GT40's do you see running around with that plate LOL..

How did it sound?

Here is a video i found of a 1300hp twin turbo GT40

http://www.torquenstein.net/movies/imv/IMVFilms_JoesGTTT.wmv

BW

Yea thats what everyone always says. "A MUSTANG!!!", hahah. no the 120K one. lol. Yup, white with blue stripes with that plate. Thats the one. And the guy that posted was from NYC so thats gotta be him. I'll get a re-match. It sounded pretty good but i was more concentrated on staying on the road!!

i feel if you had traction, you would have gotten him, and from a dig, who knows

Those GT's are a pretty nice car. Local guy up here bought one brand new, sent it down to these guys, GTX1 Story and had them do pretty much everything they could. I think it cost and extra $200,000 or so. (Plus these cars are $250,000cnd new!)

Haven't raced him yet, (Car's been down all summer :( ) but he was on my lot the other day, when he left, he gunned it, and it sounded like all hell was breaking loose, pretty crazy machine.

Good race..

Yea I was think ford mustang GT too, lol. Those are sweet rides. Nice to see you almost had him.

That car is a good race for the new ZO6's. They performed similarly in magazines. Id love to run one with one of my TR's. In a straight line of course:eek: .

"yea i seen that thing at the car show. Its twin turbo 1300 HP."

i thought those things had superchargers?

buickbert

"yea i seen that thing at the car show. Its twin turbo 1300 HP."

i thought those things had superchargers?

buickbert

Factory they were blown and wouldnt make anything near 1300HP.

If you watched my link, you would see the video of the twin turbo setup.

You can fast forward it, my player does and doesnt skip a beat.

Let me know if you have any problems viewing it.
BW

I finally lost a race. I was on my way to softball when i turned onto the local highway and saw a ford GT waiting at the light. I went slow and waited for him. He didnt seem to want to catch up and play so i continued on my way. About a mile up the road i see him coming up even with me as we approach a red light about 300 yards away. At this point were both slowing down. The light turns green and were at about 50 MPH. I hit it as does he. I spin, let out, get back in , spin again get back in, spin once more, then finally get traction and start to pull. By this time he's got a car length on me. We were coming into a turn and im doing about 115 so i let up. All in all he gout about 1.5-2.0 lengths on me. I wanted to know what the hell he had done to that thing cuz my car pulls HARD and that thing wasnt stock. He continues to take turns showing off and dissapeared. I noticed the vanity plate, 1SICKCAR. When i got to the game i asked my friend about it and he's like "yea i seen that thing at the car show. Its twin turbo 1300 HP." I was pretty pissed that if i had traction i would have had him but i felt a little better when i found out my buddy with a Miata smoked the crap out of him not too long ago. Yes, a Miata. (Fastest in the world on stock chasis). Thats it!!!!
:confused:

I dont think he read your thread very close, probably thought it was a mustang like i did:biggrin:

HAW HAW

BW
Nope, read it fine. Just wondering how a car that traps 124 and was having traction problems hangs with a stock Ford GT, let alone a TT 1300 hp Ford GT.

"I hit it as does he. I spin, let out, get back in , spin again get back in, spin once more, then finally get traction and start to pull."

"I was pretty pissed that if i had traction i would have had him"

No BS flag smilies here or I'd have thrown one.

Back