Finally my 8 second pass ..... thanks

J

JCotton

As most know, things came together this past weekend and I was fortunate to run some new best times including my first 8 second passes. I don't think I need to rerun them as there was another thread earlier with details about my weedend, I'll just say it was a blast. I'd just like to spend a few minutes recapping what and who was really responsible for this accomplishment. I can certainly tell you it was nothing I did by myself. I don't know where to begin, nor do I want to leave anyone out but am sure I will. So here goes..........
I think I'll start with my engine builder, Bob from RPE in West Hartford, CT. He builds the baddest motors in the country, not because they are the fastest, because they stay together. What we attach to the motor makes the power, I put way too many passes on my motors between rebuilds which is proof of Bobs knowledge and attention to detail, he choses the pistons, the cam and the rest of the important parts. Without him, none of this would be possible. My turbo is from Turbonetics, Kathy is my turbo builder, she and I came up with this combo and I'll be dammed if this isn't the baddest turbo for my application, it rocks. Who would have thought a T76 comp wheel would carry a 3350lb car into the 8's with less than 30lbs of boost!!! This is not a "trimmed' or "clipped" larger wheel, it is a T4 wheel. That is wild, a turbo that spools and runs 8's without killing the motor and trans. Looks like I am the 4th or 5th car into the 8's using CHAMPION HEADS, not bad, 2 year old heads, been off the motor once in 2 years for an engine freshen-up. If anyone wonders why I support Champion so strongly, you only have to look at my results. They flat out work, many, many thanks to Tom and Bill for giving the Buick community so many great and innovative products. Dan at Art Carr in Texas has been a great help in supplying an awsome transmission and support throughout the years. Billy Anderson supplied me with a new convertor from ATI that is absolutely incredible, it brought my combo together. Of course, FAST and Lance for supplying my engine management system. I can't forget my suspension, David Wolfe from Wolfe Racecraft has supplied the rear suspension parts that allows me to put 1,000hp to the ground with a stock style suspension. I have to give Ron credit from Metco for his rear suspension products as well, I have used his lower control arms as well as the ISM bracketts to set the instant center up.
Now I'd just like to take a few more lines to thanks the many people that have helped me over the years, I'm just going to start with whoever comes to mind. My brother-in-law Johnny and my sister, what can I say... words can't thank them enough for the support they have given me, my friends, Mikey, Paul, Bob V, Tony G, Big Joe, Eric rankin, Eric Shertz, Harry Hruska, Joe Lubrant, Pete Bernard, Ski, and I'm sure many more people have been involved with helping me at some point. I know a few of these guys I haven't spoken with in some time, but I am grateful for what they have done to help me through out the years I have been involved in these awsome cars.
I want to give a special thanks to my son who grew up next to me in the shop, cleaning and helping anyway he could from the age of 12 until today when he now does so much of the work in keeping my car running. He is the best!! Sorry for being so long, am sure I will add to the list later on. Oh ya, I mentioned paul, to be more exact, Paul Thompson for doing ALL the body and paint work and creating "The Pumpkin" !!! not to mention his many other skills, including helping me with the tune, suspension and anything else I ask of him, just like Johnny!!

Great job Jack!
It's kewl to see that 8's are "no problem" for ya...... NOW!! :D

ks:cool:

Jack nice job. Got any videos of those passes:confused:

Also like Russ said what about us little guys cheering for you:D

Nice job!!!!!!

I think Bob's price just went up thanks Jack
:D :D :D

Jack....

I told you if you listened to myself, and a person from 'PTE' you would run 8's.....

Glad to see you swallowed your pride and put that exhaust housing on it.......thick headed..sonofa...

J/K ;)

Congrats on the times!

Congrats again Jack..........only sorry we left when we did and missed it.

You'll have to do it again at Etown on Oct 25th for the GM EFI event if you're coming down.

Way to go.........Congrats again.

Congrats Jack! It's time for you to come join us in TSO next year. Better yet, bring the Pumpkin down to Reynolds next month and join the rest of the "gang".

Way to go Jack!

It is great to have you so excited about our cars after so many years of dealing with your demanding customers bugging you at the track with our problems:)

Again, congrats,

Mark F.

87 GN 11.9 @ 115, thanks to the Big Dawg Jack!

Congrats Jack!!!! Don't think I want to run you again now.....;) Hope to see ya at E-Town on the 25th!!!

Ken B.

Congrats Jack for making it to the "Gomes" zone.
BTW,what kind of a guy paints his car "in your face" orange?:D
I told you two years ago things would turn around and they did through your hard work[and a lot of help from others as mentioned].
A new grandson and an 8second timeslip.
Life doesn't get much better.
Congrats again.:)

THe only problem with your thread Jack is you did not mention or give thanks to the ONE man who taught you how to race a car and taught you how to even handle a 8sec pass.........

I feel used :(

Jesse
j/k :D ;) :) Congrads Jack you earned it :)

Congrats Jack!!! Now you need to put a face on the hood of the pumpkin for Halloween:) . No doubt the cheeks would be blowing backwards, have tears in the eyes, and a sh*t eating grin on its face!!
Marley

Congrats Jack..... that is hauling *ss and with 151mph you are certainly hooking up on stock suspension I'd say.

A single T-76 also :)......

I assume this is an on center S2 setup?

Care to dazzle us with some pics of the engine bay..... and that magical pass on video.......? :cool:

-GNX7