FINALLY! my car is going to be back on the road!

tpivette89

well, after about 6 - 7 months of downtime, it looks as though my hotair Buick will once again be prowling the streets :) . i tore down almost the entire engine, all the way down to the rotating assembly and its been sitting like that since November. ive finally got a fire lit under my arse and am in the final stages of the reassembly. both heads are back on the car, as well as the rocker assemblies and valve covers. next comes the intake, then exhaust, and after that its just a bunch of little things. cant wait to fire her up!!!

heres a list of the upgrades ive performed this time around:

- cleaned and rebuilt heads with Comp 979 springs
- new GM steel head gaskets
- Tomco 30# injectors
- Accufab AFPR
- ATR 2.5" downpipe
- ATR uppipe
- 2.5" straightpipe catback w cat elim pipe
- Poston billet oil filler breather
- K&N 9" cone filter
- 160* stat
- deleted A/C, TB bypass, tweaked TPS sensor
- all new tune up stuff: plugs, wires, O2 sensor, knock sensor, coolant sensors, PCV, fuel filter

after i get it back together and fine tune my AFPR ill be heading down to the track. im figuring it should be good for mid 14s with a decent launch (2.0 60ft). then ive got a few more upgrades waiting for it after i get some baseline runs with this combo (see sig for future mods).

damn i cant wait to pop the Ttops off and go cruising!!! :D

I feel your pain i have had mine down since Nov. also i just got my new block this weekend from the Carolinas and i will be putting her together over the next series of months. I hope everything works out for you and i hope she runs strong. Good luck. Harry

if the tranny shifts good with a 2.0 60ft i would think you'd run better than mid 14's.

just an update... the intake is back on, as well as the drivers side exhaust manifold. i also installed the coilpack and all the related wiring. tonight im gunning to get the fuel rail and injectors, the cooling hoses that run along the pass side of the intake, and the passenger side exhaust all on the car. after that its just a few little things and it should be running!!

if the tranny shifts good with a 2.0 60ft i would think you'd run better than mid 14's
you really think i can do better than mid 14s on stock boost levels? that would be great! im hoping for a 2.0 60ft, but its probably not in the cards due to my stock sized tires :(

Man, I wish I could be in your position! only a few months of down time and all! lol....It was....ummm...lets see....hmmm....November of 2001.....Yup... Thats when I dropped the trans and found the parking pall missing pieces, and when I fixed that, the clutches cooked after only two rides, and the motor smoked a little, so I dropped the trans again, found the clutch plates friction-welded together... For sh****s and giggles, i dropped the oil pan and found every single journal on the crank scored, and I only drove it 5 times with a grand total of about 62 miles. It has been parked since then.

With college tuition, a wedding next month, and a ton of credit problems, the poor Buick just sits quitely with the roller motor slowly, ever so slowly, coming together. I predict that in two years, I will have either returned the car back to stock and am driving it regularly, or it will be complete and running 11's as I hope it will.

Long and short of it is, I admire each and ever success story or triumph posted here, so that it puts a little fire under my arse, and eventually, all the little things will add up!!!

Good luck, and lets see a 14.1 out f those stock tires!!!!!!

John:D

Originally posted by racemybuick

Good luck, and lets see a 14.1 out f those stock tires!!!!!!

John:D
thanks! a 14.1 would really be something for the near stock combo my car is currently running. im hoping for some mid - low 13s after i install my hotwired bigger fuel pump, adj wastegate actuator, and a chip

just another update... the car is sooo close to being finished. should actually be done sometime today. all that i need to do is bolt up the turbo, install the radiator, the alternator and brackets, and the air intake. should be ready to go after that. my brother is coming back from the beach today and wants to run me in his 00' Z28 6speed just for fun. damn im gonna get wasted (he runs 12.90 at 110.51mph :eek: )