Finally, ran 6's in the 1/8.

V6POWER

Made five runs today during test and tune and three of them were in the 6's. :biggrin: Thanks to Mike S. for helping with 60' and to Mike B. for looking at my Powerlogger files.

Tire pressure=18#
Boost= 25#-26#
AFR=10.7-11.2
Temp.=mid-50s
Fuel=93+methanol
Tire=Hoosier QTP (27x10.5x15)
TC lock up=77
Boost @ launch on foot brake=6-8
Combo is in signature.

60'=1.535
330=4.432
1/8=6.904
1/8=100.04

Thanks. Now that I have some six second time slips, I am done spending money on parts and I just hope I can keep this combo together for a long time and enjoy it. :D

What does that more or less turns out to be in the 1/4? anyone know? i know it's fast but ???

Nice runs!!!!

What size rims do you have the QTP's on?
Any rear susp. mods??

Geoff

Great runs. Our combos are close. I am going to the track on Sunday for the first time with new engine and turbo. I hope I dont break anything either.:eek:

15x8 Torque Thrust II with 3.75" bs

boxed lower control arms, air bag on passenger side, ATR rear bar, Bilstein shocks

Any plans for more turbo? Your running that 61 pretty hard. You would be looking at 6.60's with a 66-67 GTQ BB or a new HPQ at 27-28 psi. Nice runs.

nice times for the combo, I would not go any faster with that stock bottom end or you will run over the crank. ask me how I know, got away with 8 runs or so and it finally went. i was at 6.8's@100-101 at the time

Any plans for more turbo? Your running that 61 pretty hard. You would be looking at 6.60's with a 66-67 GTQ BB or a new HPQ at 27-28 psi. Nice runs.

bison--Thanks. No plans for any more $ being spent on parts for this motor. If it breaks again I will just make the bottom end stonger during rebuild but keep the same turbo.

turbocody--Thanks for the heads up. I do not need to go any faster so I will not push it any further. I just wanted a few six second time slips and I have those. I should just dial back the boost and be happy with a low seven second car.

I should just dial back the boost and be happy with a low seven second car.

I've heard that one a time or two.... :D My transmission is slowly but surely dying, the 1-2 shift is ok under WOT, but the 2-3 shift has a slight flare. What a money pit... I'll call ya...

Ben--It is the truth about dialing back the boost. :biggrin: I have had enough problems with trans and motor over the last year and now that everything is working together I want to enjoy it, not break it again. :smile:

nice times for the combo, I would not go any faster with that stock bottom end or you will run over the crank. ask me how I know, got away with 8 runs or so and it finally went. i was at 6.8's@100-101 at the time

Ive made at least 150 runs through third with the one in my sig and it went 100+ in the eighth. Most were at a higher power level than when i ran it at the strip. I must be lucky. Im retiring it soon though.