Finally, ran 6's in the 1/8.

V6POWER

Made five runs today during test and tune and three of them were in the 6's. Thanks to Mike S. for helping with 60' and to Mike B. for looking at my Powerlogger files.

Tire pressure=18#
Boost= 25#-26#
AFR=10.7-11.2
Temp.=mid-50s
Fuel=93+methanol
Tire=Hoosier QTP (27x10.5x15)
TC lock up=77
Boost @ launch on foot brake=6-8
Combo is in signature.

60'=1.535
330=4.432
1/8=6.904
1/8=100.04

Congats again Jim, time to update the sig. We started to ride down but the wind was killer again this weekend.

Thanks Scott. It was windy/cool early in the day but got better later. Updated the sig. :)

Thanks jwillettgn.

grats

Grats on getting in the 6.'s for the first time. I just run in the 6's myself the other day, with my new motor. I was still haveing some problems tho but have got them figured out i hope. i looking for some mid 6's next time out. Just keep digging at the 60 fts and it will get faster. congrates again.

Thanks WINDMILL. I have to be more consistent with 60' to keep running in the 6's. My other two runs were 7.3 and 7.5 because of 1.7xx 60' times. :(

You have a strong combo and should be in the low 6's when you get it tuned. :)

Jim,
Very very impressive and well tuned on your part with 93 + methanol. Looks like it is all came together today for you. Sorry I could not spend more time with ya but it was Tommy Rierson's first debut after a 2 long years.. Definately take Mike Shield's advice when it comes to launch technique and heated burnouts. He is a prime example of how to launch a boosted car regardless of transbrake or footbrake..

Good Job again Jim!!;)

Mike Banas
87GN

Wow Jim, Great job!

I was thinking about going yesterday myself, but decided to wash the car for the first time in many months.

Thanks Mike and thanks for looking at my files. Tommy has a beautiful car and it runs really well for not being completely tuned. I bet it was an impressive ride for you. Mike sure does know how to launch a T-R and I was glad for his help and for Tommy's helpful comments.

Thanks Eric. I completely understand about washing the car. I washed mine Saturday for the first time in a long time, since Mebane removed its car washing ban.

Hats off to you Jim. Like Banas said very impressive run with the mods you have. Don't think there have been many 6.90 runs with a 61 turbo. And on a good day she's got a 6.80 in her yet. We are planning on going to Farmington Friday maybe you can come to our track I think you will like it. Tell Rich I said hello.

Congrats Michael Shields

Thanks Mike and thanks very much for your burnout help. I would still be in the 7's if you hadn't coached me. Now I just have to become consistent with the burnout and launch to stay in the 6's. I will tell Richard hello for you.

Is it test and tune at Farmington? What time? Maybe I can make it, but not sure. Thanks for asking.

12 noon to 9 pm. Its good friday, ten bucks to get in and race. Can't beat that for 9 hours of fun. Come on with us hopefully there will be a few Buicks there.

Thanks Sam. Potential has been there for quite a while...I just had to get out of the hole better.

Congrats on the great time. Which track was this? I haven't been to the dragstrip in over a year and am ready to go. My car is at Chassis Pro Race cars in Seneca SC getting a cage, but I want to run the Bug or the Mustang just for the fun of it.

I ran at Piedmont.

Looks like you will have a strong car when you get it all together. Maybe we can go to the track sometime.

Looks like you'll be in the tens.... :eek: I'll hopefully have my ride running this weekend, I got that exhaust you suggested... Hooker ordered through advance auto $331.00 out the door....with servicemans discount ofcourse:D

Should be capable of a high ten second 1/4 mile.

Glad you are near getting the car running and a new exhaust. Let me know next time you are headed to Richard's.

Looks like you'll be in the tens.... :eek: I'll hopefully have my ride running this weekend, I got that exhaust you suggested... Hooker ordered through advance auto $331.00 out the door....with servicemans discount ofcourse:D

Ben just to let you know the Hooker system through Auto Zone does not come w/ the Aero Champer muffs, they come with the cheaper ones. Post back on your kit once you get it.