Finally! There's light at the end of the tunnel!!

Tom L

I just hope its not a oncoming train!:D My 87' GN is being primed in 2 weeks at the shop! This has been a 4 year restoration on my car because my best friend started it and halfway thru decided to bail on me. I was left high & dry! I found a bodyshop and they've had it almost 2 years now. But I've stayed on top of it and got the call yesterday. It's all edged and ready for primer! It looks great! This after a used quarter panel was installed, filling in holes in the floor [No bondo!] and basically re-doing the T roof rails which had rot. The entire floor and trunk were sprayed with a coating of POR-15 after the body work. I'm going to need new or used door panels [or at least just the fabric] and various clips/fasteners for the interior parts as the original ones broke when removed. Does anyone know where I can locate these type of items? I already checked poston & Kirban. THANKS!:cool:

ive heard the term "edged" before used in regards to bodywork....what exactly does that mean?

ive heard the term "edged" before used in regards to bodywork....what exactly does that mean?

Basically getting all the door jambs and insides of the fender, hood, etc so you can go back and spray the exterior without having doors open.

Like if you were just replacing a fender and wanted to blend the color into the hood and door, you would spray the "jambs" of the fender. Let it dry, hang it on the car, prep it and paint the exterior as you are blending the hood and door.