You can type here any text you want

First 2010 GT500 Mustang in the 9's.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8lu-KM-R8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYlHOv69cUg[/YOUTUBE]

Impressive, but it's tough to tell if it's a 15 second car or 9 second car from that first angle. So what mods does it have? Would have been a little more impressive if it was on DR's. Car does look hot tho.

Impressive, but it's tough to tell if it's a 15 second car or 9 second car from that first angle. So what mods does it have? Would have been a little more impressive if it was on DR's. Car does look hot tho.

"Here's what our build consists of:
We decided to pull the stock 2010 GT500 motor and replace it with an all aluminum built race motor by Al Papitto. From custom cams and pistons to billet I-beam rods this motor was built to make some serious power. It didn't stop there as there was extensive head work done by Chris @ Champion Racing Heads. We topped the motor off with the massive 4.0L Whipple supercharger with the custom Super Cobra Jet Crusher inlet and Whipple's Monoblade throttle body and CAI with 123mm MAF. 80lb Injectors and a Triple Walbro return style system featuring Fore Precision Works fuel hat, fuel rails , Aermotive Pro-Series regulator and filter supplies all the fuel we need at the moment.

The cooling system consists of the Revan Racing/C&R Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with Dual Puller Fans, Lethal Performance Intercooler Pump Upgrade kit featuring a 55gpm waterpump, Reische Performance 170deg thermostat and a Moroso Intercooler Reservoir.

The drivetrain consists of the stock TR6060 transmission, Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch kit, Mcleod Steel flywheel, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and a DSS 3.5" aluminum driveshaft.

Our front suspension consists of a BMR Fabrication lowered K-member, BMR adjustable A-Arms, BMR K-member support brace, QA1 Adjustable struts and a QA1 front coil over kit.

Our rear suspension consists of Steeda Upper and Lower control arms with Upper mount and lower relocation brackets, Steeda Panhard Rod and Brace, Steeda Torque box brace, QA1 adjustable shocks and Eibach sportline rear springs.

Dress Up items include Project 321 Engine Bay Cap Set, Project 321 Billet Coil Covers, Moroso Coolant Tanks, Lethal Performance Hydro Carbon radiator shroud, fuse box cover and hood vent.

Wheel and Tire Setups Include:
STREET-True Forged custom 3 piece Chrome Sebrings 20x9" F 20x10.5" R.
STREET- Stock GT500 19" Rims and Tires
RACE- Bogart GT Series 17x5" F 15x10" R with Mickey Thompson 28x15" Slicks and Hoosier front runners"

More can be found here~ Lethal Performance GT500 blog

Wonder why it died in second gear, you see the nose dive... Almost like the key turned back for a 1/2 second.

Nice purpose built car.

BW

The color combination is great.
That is mid low 9 second MPH...
A 2010 camaro with a cam and n20 (production motor)
running 10.2 is more impressive IMO.

I would take this car in a heartbeat though!

I know of a local shop who is going to be let down they didnt get the 9 second run first...

Update.

They ran 9.66 @146mph last night at PBIR~

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xIKmYGJiw8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpmHQoDe3dM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8xXL4kzRQ0[/YOUTUBE]

Would have been better if they would have made these runs with the engine that it came with.......at least with the original short block. It's all forged stuff in those 2010 Cobra's.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the videos of our car. We're working towards an 8 with the 6 speed. We'll keep everyone posted.

Jared

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the videos of our car. We're working towards an 8 with the 6 speed. We'll keep everyone posted.

Jared

No problem, just do me a favor and tell Jeremy Martorella to take it easy if he lines up next to any Buicks!;):D I've watched him over the years driving several UPR cars and he is a madman!

Would have been better if they would have made these runs with the engine that it came with.......at least with the original short block. It's all forged stuff in those 2010 Cobra's.

The engine in the 07-10 GT500 although pretty strong has weak rods. They're about the size of a sugar cube just below the wrist pin.
We grenaded our stock block in our 08' GT500 from too much boost and too high of a rev. I tried to post pics of the carnage but I've got to have 4 posts under my belt before I can link images from Photobucket. If someone wants to post them for me send me a PM and I'll send you the image links.

We actually built the aluminum motor with intentions of putting it in the 08' but sold the 08' to a customer in Kuwait before the motor was done. Then we bought the 2010 and didn't want to risk blowing another motor as we knew we were gonna push this one harder than the last. So we put the aluminum motor in as it's much stronger than the stocker and would handle the abuse we had in store for it. The motor in the car now is still stock bore and compression. It's just got better rods and pistons, an aluminum block (lighter by about 85lbs) and some heads and cams. Best part about it is that we've got a brand new 2010 GT500 longblock in an engine crate which we can sell for some $$$ if we decide to get rid of it.

Jared

Back