First Time GN to Track. Plan. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Drag Racing Techniques' started by SpeedRacerX, Nov 18, 2016.

1. buddy

buddy
    Expand Collapse

2. 69RSCLONE

69RSCLONE
    Expand Collapse

I would check your waste gate for the boost issue. When I first put the ta-49 on my car a couple years ago it was at the place I stored it. For the ride home I was gentle due to the 6 month old gas and the couple other things I did over the winter that I wanted to make sure were OK. Just tipping into the throttle it would go 28-29 psi before I let off. I backed down the regulator to 24 psi. Then I put on the RJC downpipe and couldn't get 24 psi no matter how much I turned in the regulator. The weld for the puck was hitting the exhaust housing. It was nowhere near centered. I had to port the housing so it was clear of the weld and the puck could seat properly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX
    Expand Collapse

Pick of one of my 1.6x launches. I wonder how quick I need to be to see light under one of the tires?

Actually, looks like the HRPartsnstuff rear sway is keeping the car fairly straight and level when it lifts and launches.

20161128_135422.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pronto

Pronto
    Expand Collapse
    I read the books and followed the instructions.

255s can get the job done for sure. I got 1.5s off mine at 18psi. I agree, check the carbon pattern on the puck an turbo. It may be not sealing. Start saving for a trans build.