You can type here any text you want

First time tuning...need some help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sams86gn

finally got my car looking and running good. Its just slow. Ive never done any tuning whatsoever so I will need some help. Heres a list of what the car has done too it:

stock 109 block crate motor from autozone\
rebuilt trans (PTC) with re-stalled D5
60 lb injectors with TT 6.1 chip
255 walbro pump with hotwire
powerlogger
scanmaster
3.5 LS1 maf and translator
Running about half 110 gas and half 93 but im wanting to tune for straight 93

That's really about it. Was running 12 psi boost with AFR 11.5-11.8. Turned up the boost a little, to about 13 ish, and my AFR is about 12.4 to 12.8 now. My waste gate rod is turned in as far as I can get it now and I cant figure out how to add fuel using my PL and not the gas pedal method. My first question is, my chip is not correcting to 10.8 AFR like it should so how do I figure out why its not?

finally got my car looking and running good. Its just slow. Ive never done any tuning whatsoever so I will need some help. Heres a list of what the car has done too it:

stock 109 block crate motor from autozone\
rebuilt trans (PTC) with re-stalled D5
60 lb injectors with TT 6.1 chip
255 walbro pump with hotwire
powerlogger
scanmaster
3.5 LS1 maf and translator
Running about half 110 gas and half 93 but im wanting to tune for straight 93

That's really about it. Was running 12 psi boost with AFR 11.5-11.8. Turned up the boost a little, to about 13 ish, and my AFR is about 12.4 to 12.8 now. My waste gate rod is turned in as far as I can get it now and I cant figure out how to add fuel using my PL and not the gas pedal method. My first question is, my chip is not correcting to 10.8 AFR like it should so how do I figure out why its not?
You need to know what your fuel pressure is at WOT.

And 11.5 and up is kind of lean, and 12.8 is WAY lean. (imo) Overall, about 15-16 psi is cool on 93 octane with a stock intercooler. And what do you mean your wastegate rod is turned in as far as you can get it? Do you mean shortened? If so that's going to put you at about 25 or so psi. Something's not right. And why don't you want to use the gas pedal method of changing fueling?

Also, fill out your signature totally. Be as complete as possible.

Yes 6.1 chip. I will try to fill out signature tonight. I would prefer to just go ahead and make changes directly through the PL because that will be a lot easier just typing a number in. I believe I have an exhaust leak so I'm gonna try to get that fixed over the next few days and then come back to the fueling and boost. I did cut some threads off the rod and got boost up too about 18. Fuel is still lean at about 12.1 though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Roger that. If you have ANY sort of leak, definitely fix that first. As you already know they can cause all sorts of wacky shit to happen.

You nave to have the PL flashed to at least 3.0 support change with a laptop feature

Back