Fix for overly ported wastegate hole

Russ Merritt

Here's a cheap way to fix a overly ported wastegate hole when converting back to a stock style "flapper" valve. Saves from purchasing another housing, damage from removal, and shipping back and forth for repair. RJC racing makes the block off plate (34$), port the hole to whatever exhaust wheel your running (if needed), line it up and mark where the flapper hits and put the hole where you want it. Also make sure the housing isn't in the way behind the plate. First pic shows where the housing needed to be ported to match the new plate.

DP and Exh parts

Attachments

• 100_0450.jpg
    100_0450.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,330
  • 100_0454.jpg
    100_0454.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,282
Dang... I coulda used one of those a couple years ago... I ended up welding a big flat washer on the puck... didn't work out too well and had to replace the downpipe with another, larger pucked unit.

That looks like a brilliant idea... Is the plate made of stainless ? or something resistant to warpage from heat ?

It was made originally to block the hole completely to convert to an external wastegate, tapping off the header and not buying a new downpipe. Kerney's car had the first one I saw.... It works good for this too..... Link is above pics.

wow. thats a nice fix !! just take the housing off an 10 minutes later your all done :eek: ohhh.. add another 20 min to put it on the car!!! so a half hour "job !! :p

Hmmm....Must be stainless. How will I ever get the 1" hole for the puck?:mad:

Yes it's stainless, I used a drill press and 3 progressively larger bits. Rock solid boost control, Thanks Russ & Jason!