You can type here any text you want

Fixed vac line, still no boost!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighDesert-T

Took off the carb, fixed the vac line that some genius decided needed to run under the turbo inlet. The idle needed to be adjusted some but not all that much. End note is that is running, not right but, it is running.

What bothers me is the car still will not get into boost. Sometimes it will get into the yellow but not the red. Could the waste gate be stuck open? You can here the turbo spool but there is not a surge of power.

Also, the cable that is under the throttle linkage, what is it for? The end broke and now it will not stay clipped on. The cable runs back behind and under the firewall. Is there any cheap way to fix this other than replacing a cable?

Getting ready to take it in and let the service people handle this.:mad:

Also, the cable that is under the throttle linkage, what is it for? The end broke and now it will not stay clipped on. The cable runs back behind and under the firewall. Is there any cheap way to fix this other than replacing a cable?

The cable you are referring to is probably the detent cable. This cable is connected to the transmission and controls the shift points in relation to the throttle position. If this is disconnected you must be experiencing shift problems?? Damage can occur to the transmission if this is incorrectly adjusted. It would be advisable to replace this cable with a new one, as it is very important that it functions correctly.

It is possible that you experiencing boost problems because the transmission is early shifting and not building sufficient revs to get into high boost.

Get this cable fixed!!!

Now that you mention it the car wasn't shifting like it should of been. Will do with the fix.

Anyone know if this an easy install?

Can you get a Boost gauge . This will allow you to find out exactly what boost you are building.

I have access to one but I need to get this Throttle Valve (TV) line fixed first before I can chase that ghost. Keeping my fingers crossed that when the TV line gets fixed that it will fix all the problems.

Here's to dreams!

Originally posted by HighDesert-T
Now that you mention it the car wasn't shifting like it should of been. Will do with the fix.

Anyone know if this an easy install?

Yes and No....Thread the new cable from the top to the bottom first. Disconnect the old cable at the trans, then disconnect the dip stick and pull it down. install new cable to dip stick tube and reinstall. The nut for the cable on the trans is 10mm. Have fun...

Back