Flooding in New Orleans

tscruggs

1KWIKGN
Car suddenly began flooding out at anything less than WOT. Shipped it to Nashville - mechanic changed coolant Temp Sensor - said it runs great - delivered to New Orleans and it floods out anywhere below WOT - ??? Replaced ECM, Chip, Coolant Sensor, MAF, MAP, Throttle Position, Plugs, Wires, Fuel Filters, Cleaned K&M, Cam Sensor, etc, etc, etc.

Any other suggestions? Only error code is rich 02 sensor - BLs, etc are all steady on except rich 02:( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused:

Fuel pressure

Will measure it in the am - have not checked since car was returned from Nashville about 1hour 30 minutes ago - have a pressure gauge but it is not on the car right now

No, I has been commuting from McComb, Ms to NO everyday - 100 miles each way - suddenly one day half way home it started flooding out - you can smell the fuel from the exhaust immediately -

Pull out the plugs and let them dry, put them back in and turn on the ign..not start it. Pull the plugs again and see if any are wet..

Or it could be the MAF, is it stuck at WOT reading?

MAF is not stuck at WOT readings - have tried 2 OEM MAFs and now have in a Harper's Racing MAF - MAF readings are correct
GREAT IDEA on plugs - family in for Thanksgiving - I will try it first thing in am - THANKS!!!!!

Pull out the plugs and let them dry, put them back in and turn on the ign..not start it. Pull the plugs again and see if any are wet..

Or it could be the MAF, is it stuck at WOT reading?

And if they are wet ??? Guess what ? Again leaking injectors !!!!

But this is even easier, put on fuel gauge turn key to run do not start. Watch to see if fuel gauge leaks down fairly quick if so you have found part of your problem. Follow the fuel system diagnosis steps on gnttype.org.

Hook up your scan tool and check your TPS. I once had one go bad WHILE DRIVING and it was reporting about 50% throttle position when in actuality it was at cruise position. The ECM was feeding it fuel based on that false reading so I was very rich.

also pull of the vaccum line on the fuel reg and see if fuel comes out of the reg

Hook up your scan tool and check your TPS. I once had one go bad WHILE DRIVING and it was reporting about 50% throttle position when in actuality it was at cruise position. The ECM was feeding it fuel based on that false reading so I was very rich.

Ive seen the pin loose at the ECM, and cause the same thing... TPS wiring.

BW

Thank Y'all!!!! I will check these items this am and report back asap. Turbobuick.com is awesome!!!

Happened to me a while back. ECM just went dead and car was in limp mode.

Plugs dry - 68 PSI when ignition on car off - holds 68 PSI after turn key off - when started holds at 78 psi when turn off holds at 68 psi -

Mechanic just walked by admiring - suggested coolant temp sensor plug is bad - sensor has been replaced twice but never replaced the plug - try this?

new ecm - twice

please keep suggesting ideas

PSI is way too high. Should be more like 40 PSI while idling (vacuum line off regulator). You either have a bad fuel regulator, or a clogged (kinked) return line.

As said above, fuel pressure way too high! Check fuel pressure regulator and return line to tank. Pressure should be 36-38 vacuum line on, 40-43 vacuum line off.

Y'all ROCK!! The 02 is brand new and is working - Where can I get a good CTS with the new plug - the CTS was just replaced again - the plug has not yet been replaced - where can I get a good fuel pressure regulator?