Flooding in New Orleans

Y'all ROCK!! The 02 is brand new and is working - Where can I get a good CTS with the new plug - the CTS was just replaced again - the plug has not yet been replaced - where can I get a good fuel pressure regulator?

You can get a good reg Accufab from Cottons or GNbodyparts for about a $100.

ESP posted here the other day, he had a good idea on how to diagnose this issue.
It could either be fuel pump, regulator, or the return line.

If you have a stock fuel pressure regulator, put that on and see if the pressure lowers.
If the pressure doesnt lower down, REMOVE the return line at the frame in the engine bay to diagnose if the return line all the way back to the tank might be pinched.
Stick the just removed hose into a bucket, and see if the pressure lowers down with just the key on.... If it does lower down, then something between the frame pad and fuel tank return line is kinked or pinched, if it was 20° outside, it could be frozen:biggrin:

Doing the regulator is going to be the easiest way, but do you at least have a spare to help diagnose?

If someone has just installed a fuel pump, then possibly they have the rubber line pinched above the fuel tank:confused:

If you suspect a bad coolant temp sender or coolant switch, just unplug it to diagnose. In this case, its not your problem
You have a fuel pressure problem.
It could also be a stuck piece of injector o-ring inside the regulator, thats very common.
BW

just checked return line - not return line -
when CTS unplugged car runs slightly worse but not much
do not have another reg to test with -
will check for rubber pieces in reg if not there will order another and get back on the thread when arrives and tested
THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Fuel pressure dialed in at 38 - flooding worsens as car warms up
floods ONLY UNDER LOAD at low acceleration - like leaving a red light IN TRAFFIC

PLEASE OFFER SUGGESTION

Are you sure it's flooding? Maybe it's stumbling. Since you've reduced the fuel pressure to a more correct level, reset the TPS and IAC. Hopefully you have a scantool to do this with.

May be stumbling, but you can immediately smell the gas through the exhaust. It gets worse as engine heats up and only does it a a low acceleration. As said, I will reset TPS and IAC and post results. THANK You for your help!!!!

TPS set at .38 - Still coughs at low acceleration take off - does not miss in park or neutral
ONLY under load - Coughs repeatedly at low acceleration until acceleration increased:( :confused:

Two items to check...
1. the Inlet Air Control (IAC) is a controlled vacuum leak. If it is malfuctioning, could be sticking open which tells ECM to add more fuel since it thinks the throttle is opening.

Or,

2. You could have a vacuum line loose or leaking. Has the rubber vacuum hose gotten hard with age and under-hood heat? Might want to replace vacuum hoses.

Conrad

Travis,
I know your getting it narrowed down, we are trying our best.
Could you list the items that you have done to it, and the items that "someone else" may have done or already did in tennessee....

If its coughing or missing, or you think its running rich..
The first thing that comes to mind is either the MAF sensor is making the car run super rich at idle when you smell gas, what are the maf numbers at idle and wot when it pops...

or the fact that its coughing and sputtering could be the coil pack and module. and or cam sensor out 180° will idle fine, but under a load will pop ut thru the intake.

Normally, these cars will idle fine and run great at idle, and once put under a load, the coils will miss and the car will sputter, sometimes the maf is the culprit too.

Also, weve experienced corrosion at the ecm, where the harness plugs into the ECM, if its green or corroded the connection isnt great and the car acts all sorts of weird.

Let us know, just trying to figure it out.
BW

Bryan and others;

THANK YOU!!!!! I am trying too. My other GN never gave me any problems.

In Tennessee, they replaced the CTS and claimed that it ran great. I have recently replaced the ECM, prom, MAP, MAF, IAC, TPS, fuel filters, plugs, wires, 40# injectors, PCV, EGR, 02, etc. FP is 38, TPS is .40, Do not have a current MAF, etc. I can get one in the am. Lost my home in the flood and am currently ina n apartment where I can not get lights, tools, etc out at night. I will get up to date readings after church. Car idles great, runs great at heavy acceleration, runs GREAT in park or neutral (no load situations), under low acceleration, car sputters and fuel can be smelled from exhaust.

First question-

Your running 40# injectors, do you have the correct chip for those larger injectors?
BW

You need a computer chip for the new fuel injectors as stated above, in the mean time pull that dip stick and take a smell. That oil should be changed asap if you smell gas in the oil. Take another look at your plugs, if any look different take note to it's location and change it out, I've had new plugs foul out under boost. Your getting closer to your problem just be persistent and you will find it. It does sound like it's a chip problem though....

Chuck

Chip is supposedly set for the new injectors. When I got this car it had this chip (TIMSLBY40) and 40# injectors - All plugs look good - can not smell fuel in oil - after church this am I will hook up scantool and set my IAC and repost

Please keep suggesting - THANK YOU!!!!!!

IAC nubers are good and TPS is set - any other suggestions?

PLEASE!!!!

P.S. Error code for rich 02 sensor is being tripped - everything else looks good and no other error codes

Voltage reads 12.7 and does not dip - increases to 13.6 when revving engine. I feel like you Jerryl - already replaced that 2x -
These readings seem good to me?

.............. I feel like you Jerryl - already replaced that 2x - ..............

Try 3X :biggrin:
I don't think this will make a difference but set your TPS at 0.42-0.46, THEN, reset the ECM, drive it around and have the chip re-learn.

Final suggestion
Maybe that is the issue. After replacing everything, there is are only "so many" left to replace. .... Thought about a chip from TT?

I will bump TPS up a hair and report back. I have the stock chip and have swapped back and forth - both chips produce the same identical problem.

Any other suggestions - other than sell it and get a different one?