You can type here any text you want

Florida heat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Temps are on the rise with 50/50 mix and the air on in traffic ........I have a bottle of water wetter and few gallons of distilled water..... Anybody running this in their radiator?

Thanks,
Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Temps are on the rise with 50/50 mix and the air on in traffic ........I have a bottle of water wetter and few gallons of distilled water..... Anybody running this in their radiator?

Thanks,
Bo

Distlled water and RMI-25 is the only way to fly:)

Skip the water wetter. I've heard people refer to it as barnacle builder. RMI 25 and water is the way to go.

So, water wetter is bad?:confused:

Anybody have a good experience with this product???

Thanks,
Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
So, water wetter is bad?:confused:

Anybody have a good experience with this product???

Thanks,
Bo

I don't know if I'd say water wetter is bad, but I just don't think it's as effective as RMI-25....

ga

South Ga, and it is hot here to, I am running prestone 50/50 with good old Ga tap water. The same Kind of water that they put in the car at the factory!!!

Re: ga

Originally posted by Hyper
South Ga, and it is hot here to, I am running prestone 50/50 with good old Ga tap water. The same Kind of water that they put in the car at the factory!!!

I feel sorry for your car. I bought my car from Georgia and the previous owner had the same theorie.

I flushed the radiator (after I had it rodded to remove the muck) on my 49K mile TTA and this is what came out. No wonder it had cooling problems. http://www.bmcomputersource.com/0725.jpg

Note the "Orange Georgia Mud"

I also run RMI-25 and have for years. It works great at removing mud and junk. I also run water wetter, it has worked well with my cars in conjunction with the RMI. I only run distilled water w/RMI and water wetter.

Bo, you should wire up the high speed fan to come on with the low speed one or a switch. Our TTAs wont turn that fan on until some insanely high temp like 240. Let me know if you need help, I can tell you how.

Bob

Originally posted by jy211
dumb question....what is RMI-25?

It is a cooling system treatment that cleans, inhibits, lubricates, and conditions all of the cooling system..... It is to be used with pure water only or anti-freeze to supplement the inhibitors which quickly wear out....

If you want more info watch this 5 minute video from Nick Micale's website.....

http://www.arizonagn.com/Media/56k.wmv

Re: Re: ga

Originally posted by BM Computer Src
I feel sorry for your car. I bought my car from Georgia and the previous owner had the same theorie.

I flushed the radiator (after I had it rodded to remove the muck) on my 49K mile TTA and this is what came out. No wonder it had cooling problems. http://www.bmcomputersource.com/0725.jpg

Note the "Orange Georgia Mud"

Bob

Not in my car. Looks like it had mostly water in it. I still have the factory rad in my car and it is clean. It does not over heat with a front mount. If you take your car to the dealer to get it worked on what type of water do you think they put in it??? How about the factory ?? Do you think they buy distilled water?? I know they dont in the motorcoach homes. I saw 500,000 dollar wonder lodges being filled up by a water hose. Now I do give it to you some of the places in Ga like Albany have sorry water. The stuff is really nasty to drink. But here in the foot of the mountains our water is cleaner than bottled water. This info came from my friend who is the head of the water system here in Harris County. If you ever need some good water let me know I will send you some.:D

Re: Re: ga

Originally posted by BM Computer Src

Bo, you should wire up the high speed fan to come on with the low speed one or a switch. Our TTAs wont turn that fan on until some insanely high temp like 240. Let me know if you need help, I can tell you how.

Bob

Bob, that was one of the first mods to my TTA.:cool: Toggle switch is under the dash.:D

I heard that you were road racing your TTA? Sounds pretty cool......I want to do that sometime....... Lemme know about some events around the area.:)

Thanks guys,
Bo

I'll post before I go next time, hopefully in august. They happen every month but I cant make it this time. A blast to drive...

Bob

Sorry guys, this is too much technical information. It's a slow day and I'm going to have to move this to tech. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrog with water wetter, and yes, RMI25 is a better product. Until I can grab a bottle od RMI at the local parts tore - I'll stick with Water Wetter, and some antifreeze for lubrication.

both fans

Hey Bob, how would you hook it up so both fans came on at the same time? I have it so the one fan kicks on, but how can I set them up so both come on?

Bo, what are you doing this weekend? Still got that drill? I haven't cut that hole for the cold air yet. Can I still borrow that drill?

Ken

No problem Ken.

Lemme know when you'll be home this weekend and I will bring it over.

Bo

A big reason why people use water and RMI-25 (or water wetter if you prefer) is that if you blow your headgaskets, the water will get steamed away and your engine will not be damaged. With antifreeze, you create the milkshake engine lubricant and risk hurting your engine.

Distilled water is better than tap water (tap water has more minerals and potentially damaging substances in it) but not necessary. I've used tap water in car batteries and radiators before and never had a problem. I plan on flushing my radiator this week and using only distilled and RMI, but only cause I figure if the distilled gives me an extra 6 months of protection it's worth it.

Happy!

My temps in traffic and A/C on are where I want them now!:cool:

This stuff works!:)

Next flush will be RMI-25,water wetter and distilled.

Thanks people,

Bo:)

Back