You can type here any text you want

FM signal has alot of static....grounding problem, antenna...opinions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dr. Jeckel

I installed a new pioneer CD player and all new speakers and have been noticing increasing static when just using the radio....Cd's are crystal clear. My only guess would be an antenna problem since that is the only variable. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, James.

im asumeing you checked the antenna connection on the back of the radio? not trying to be a smartass.:D

Not yet....but I only put it in about a month ago. Just had a second and thought I'd get some other ideas before I spent time taking it out again. I'm really lazy and hate to do things I don't have to ;)

i hear ya dude, i just put a new deck in my car,like yours , the radio was all static. i only been putting it off for about 3 years.:D

right now its easier to listen to a CD than jack with it.....that and I really hate chasing electrical problems....they're invisible and you usually never find them and if you do you don't know how you did it :)

Make sure that the fender where the antenna is has a good ground. There is a 12g wire near the battery that grounds the fender.

These cars are getting old and many electrical connections can start to have some resistance. The one most prone to this are the type that use sheet metal screws. Most of the body grounds on GM cars use sheet metal screws. Not exactly the best way to do things.

Back