You can type here any text you want

Follow-up to MAJOR problem with DFI.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ski_dwn_it

Well some of you may have seen my post a few days ago I posted with regard to my injectors being stuck open and hydro-locking the motor.

The ECU was sent back to DFI per the instruction of one of the tech guys.....I was pessimistic to say the least about sending the unit in, but really had no choice in the matter. It was either that or go buy a new unit- not really a choice.

So I mailed it out Satuday morning to DFI. Today at 9am the phone rang here at the office and a technician from DFI was there to alert me that the ECU was recieved and he would be getting started on it right away. Explained the problems I was having and he said it would be gone over with a fine tooth comb. He asked if I had my programming backed up, since he was having difficulties communicating with it and anything I had would be lost with what he needed to do. I told him I have everything backed up and do do whatever he needed to do.

Fast forward to about 11:30am. Again DFI on phone, informing me of the problems they found related to the power circuit. Said the unit was clearly damaged and this inturn was causing the unit to send irratic/weak wave forms out for the injectors. Also due to this, the unit itself would become unstable and most likely was the cause of the injectors hanging open on the non-starts and flooding the system.

They informed me that the unit was completely overhauled in the areas needed and competely given a complete evaluation and meets all standards for a new unit.

As for costs, there was a 70 dollar charge that after some discussion, they agreed to wave and even picked up the shipping back.

All in all, I have to say I am completely impressed with the service that they gave me and the entire crew there should be give a BIG thumbs up for customer service.

These issues of electronics can always be touchy which is why I was worried that things may be long and drawn out. I typically race every weekend, and in this case a major downtime situation could have resulted had this issue not been handled as professional as it was.

If the unit comes back and works as it should, I will forever buy and use their products. :smile:

Thanks also to all the other guys that offered GREAT help along the way.... :cool:

Back