? for Chris(CK Performance)

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
I have a little cash I'm puttin aside for the rainy day. That rainy day being a breakage :(

89 TTA built to handle a 10 sec pass(see sig) still have the 200 in it with a restalled D5 from Pat's converters. I'm gonna be running the BB 65 with a .63 housing I have as soon as the housing gets swapped out.

My question is, Since I know the tranny isn't long for this world and would need a rebuild and converter anyway. What would be the better option a built 200 with a quality converter running the stock 3.27 gears or a L/U 400 with a 2.77 rear?

Final drive ratios aren't to far off: 2.77 obviously with the 400 and 2.19 for the stock rear and o/d gear of the 200. The car is hardly driven on the street will mostly go to and from track and maybe a cruise or three ;)

Looking at longevity of a 400 v/s loss of a 4th gear. Would the hit on the gear multiplication combined with the extra power needed to turn the 400 make it worth while to keep the 2004r. I don't mind spending a little extra for something that can take any abuse this drivetrain can throw at it......

the 2004r will live at that level but the gear ratio becomes unfaviorable in the high ten second zone.we do make a 2.48/1.48 2004r but i think your best bet would be the gmaodhybrid transmission.there is a link to it on my home page.the th400 is a bullet proof piece when properly set up and the car would definately run down the 1320 faster with it in my opinion.especially if you want to do minimal suspension mods and use a smaller tire,which is usually the case with the car in question.either of the 3 would work and in the reliability department the aod will beat out the 2004r any day of the weak as well as draw less flywheel horsepower to run it.id certainly feel comfortable with bolting in one of my 2004rs behind that engine but if your looking to run the track as fast as possible the closer ratio of the 400 or the aod would be better choices.

Current suspension mods are tubular lca's and panhard bar with a set of mt dr's and SFC's. I know I can grab a posi 9 bolt 2.77 for cheap and even down the road if I was to go to a 12 bolt with 3.08's it still wouldn't be unbearable. Thanx for your input Chris. I'll be in touch very soon I think. Prolly wont live past the first month when the track opens.

Does it come with a vaccum modulator or is it a full manual? Is the l/u a 12 volt reference toggle or throttle activated? Thanx again!

Pete