For those of you who have done the S-10 Blazer brake upgrade...

I just knocked out the studs and have them for sale. I measured them on the wheel and even with a brake rotor on, they were still way too long. I'm might go with a 2" long stud instead of 3.25" and might run just one spacer on each side. That won't be as bad as what I was going to do:rolleyes:

go in ebay and type in "s10 brakes"

the company is called "s10wharehouse" they only part out 98 and newer s10 blazers and pickups. i got mine for 350 shipped for my gn.

the only thing crappy with these brakes is the bearings don't last long at all. i had friends at gm and they said they can't keep them on the shelf. and parts stores dont have warrantees on these bearings either or a few month warranty.

don 3d you should of bought 4 front rims then you wont need any spacers at all.

go in ebay and type in "s10 brakes"

the company is called "s10wharehouse" they only part out 98 and newer s10 blazers and pickups. i got mine for 350 shipped for my gn.

the only thing crappy with these brakes is the bearings don't last long at all. i had friends at gm and they said they can't keep them on the shelf. and parts stores dont have warrantees on these bearings either or a few month warranty.

don 3d you should of bought 4 front rims then you wont need any spacers at all.

this is why i don't think i'll ever put this setup on a car i own. the old style bearings last forever, and if they do go or if you just want to replace them just because they are old, they are dirt cheap. yeah, you gotta pack the bearings and you will get grease under your fingernails, but that's a part of the hobby.
if big brakes are what you want, there are other cheaper ways to do it using the stock spindles.

I got really lucky and found these spindles on craigslist. A local kid was selling them because he lowered his blazer. I scored both spindles for $50. The hubs cost me like $100 for both, new on ebay. Still have to get rotors, calipers, pads, etc. I need to find some junk cores so I don't have to pay the crazy core charges on the calipers.

Just give them the stock single piston calipers as cores cause they're the same as the single piston s10 calipers just not the dual piston blazer calipers so I don't see why it would be a problem and if you take your calipers in after you buy the new calipers i'll doubt they'd even know what they got back from you.

I did a little research for you the other day Don. The 4wd and 2wd bearings are identical except for the splines. The 2wd just has a cap on the end. The 4wd hub assembly is cheaper as well. for some reason.

Just give them the stock single piston calipers as cores cause they're the same as the single piston s10 calipers just not the dual piston blazer calipers so I don't see why it would be a problem and if you take your calipers in after you buy the new calipers i'll doubt they'd even know what they got back from you.

this kind of thinking makes reman parts more expensive for everyone. the whole reason for doing a core return is so they can rebuild them and sell them to someone else. if they get the wrong cores back in the box, then that means that there are that many less of that particular core to rebuild and sell later. sure, you might get a better deal now, but thanlks to people that put the wrong parts back in the core box, you will wind up paying more the next time you buy a reman part.

If you do this swap minus the big studs and spacers and all that stuff, does this push the front wheels out at all? as in track width?

Thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully once I get the brakes done on this car, I can post pics of the entire setup. Right now I am strapped for cash since I just got a motor. Can't wait to get this thing back on the road!