For those of you with stock turbo, injectors and IC..

Black1986Beast

No!! It's NOT A Monte!!!
What are your mods and what kinda times are you getting??
Just wondering what a car with these 3 parts, stock is capable of..
Sorry I wasn't sure if this should be posted in the tech section or the lounge so if it's an inconvenience, I apologize..
Thanks

With the stock stuff and slicks, racechip/racegas lots of guys run mid-low 12's. I ran 12.50 with the stock stuff on Dr's before I upgraded. You should be able to go farther than that. Lots of guys get down to the 12.20's and beyond. I know of a few guys who atually made it into the 11's before they upgraded but I would recommend not attempting to go that far.

ditto...I am still on the stock stuff with the usual bolt-on upgrades and with traction and either race gas or alky you should have no problems hitting mid to low 12's

i am gonna test this theory next weekend when i take my car to the track for it's first ever runs in its life!:eek:

i won't have the slicks but i am running 265/50/16's radial t/as so it should be SOME traction...i won't be able to leave with too much boost though...when you leave with boost is when you get faster times...

When you guys say "you" should run mid/low 12's are you saying that I should do that w/my mods or that people in general do that?
Also how much boost do you use to run those times?
I'm not going higher than 18psi (my car is gonna be a daily driver, I don't wanna break it) Can I still run 12's w/these mods (18psi), race gas or xylene mix and drag radials?
Good Luck at the track, Don! Also how much boost will you be running?

You want to run a race chip and race gas. I use VP C16 and it has always worked well. You will probably need to run more boost than 18psi to see 12's, especially since you hav DR's and won't be able to launch as hard as if you had slicks. You shoud use 20-22psi.

12's are not really that hard on a car. There is a guy in my club that has over 1300 (yes, tht is not a typo) passes on his GN and most of them were very low 12's and usually 12.0's. He has never broken a single thing on his car.

Don, don't count on 12's with street tires, especially your first time out. Tune the car for mph and don't be discouraged if your ET is a high 13.

why limit yourself to only 18 psi???...if your think'n your car is going to break...don't take it to the track..and no you will not run 12's with xylene of a gas mix!....why not go with a good racechip...empty the tank...poor in at least 5 gals of 110 or better turn the boost up 23-25 psi..and go low 12's....boost is not going to break your car....but half a$$ tuning will! just my O2 joe:rolleyes:

Originally posted by c&cgn
Don, don't count on 12's with street tires, especially your first time out. Tune the car for mph and don't be discouraged if your ET is a high 13.

Hey it's been done before! just not very often! hehe

i am gonna try to borrow a pair of slicks or drag radials from a friend...

i am also gonna try to run as high of boost as i can...with race gas i should be able to turn it up to 22 psi or more...but the stock turbo kinda runs out of steam after that...

My GN is stock turbo, stock IC, and has Blue Tops. I dont know if this counts against what your wanting to know, but my only other "real" mods are ported exhaust elbow with 3" DP and a Comp Cams 206/206. Obviously I have a fuel system. Track Times are below. Car has run 110.42mph before, but my best ET is below. This was on 16" Nitto Drag Radials. I need tires badly. HTH

the times below are with a thrasher 100 and street tires, this year i will have new valve springs and bfg dr's. w t108 chip. on a 120k motor.:cool:

TTA many moons ago :) ....11.9s @115

one moon after that....Melissa's Limited T....12.2s

My sig below last season with the stock stuff at 19-20psi boost. No drag radials or slicks on that run. I am running the Thrasher 100 all the time on the street as well.

I went 12.20's @ 110.5 with a T108, stock turbo, intercooler injectors and 275/50 BFGDR's. I did use a THDP with a dump.

My 60fts were crappy 1.80's at the old atlanta dragway before they repaved it. My boost was between 19 and 20 psi. No need to go much higher than this with the stock turbo. Use a high timing chip and lower boost and you will go quicker with a small turbo.

I'm pretty confident with what I know now, I could run 11.9's with some minor tweaks to my original combo. 275/60 tires would have helped with my 60fts and gave me a couple mph on top, the upper plenum mods I have done and the translator set up I use now would have helped, too.

This is with a 100% stock long block with about 90K miles on it.