For TRADE: Backhalved RX7 Streetcar for your Grand National

Eric's RX7

I always wanted a GN.

If you need more pictures, just ask: I have hundreds.

I have it listed for $15,000, but thought I might like a like a GN.

I have a little over $22,000 invested.

This is all new stuff, it's only been idled and driven around my neighborhood.

When I bought this car, I intended to make it a fun little streetcar. Well, that unfortunately snowballed into it's current state. Way too much for a novice driver like myself.

Ready to be tuned, combo is good for 700whp-750whp.

I have new Aeroquip Startlite fittings/hoses for the wastegate/bov's. I just haven't installed them yet.

Here is a list of stuff, I'm sure I have forgot alot but you get the idea. 99% is considered new.

80mm BW Turbo w/coated turbine housing
Aeroquip Startlite Oil Feed/Return
Aeroquip Startlite Rad Hoses w/ Aeroquip -20 Hose Ends
A-Sped Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold (Coated)
60mm Wastegate w/ Tial Internals
5" downpipe
Borla Exhaust
Air 2 Water Intercooler kit w/ 3.5" piping & hose
Heat Exchanger & Pump
(2) 50mm Tial BOV's
Griffin Scirocco Radiator & Fan w/20an bungs
Billet Radiator Overflow
Modified waterpump Housing w/ 20an Bungs
Billet 20an Thermostat Housing
E&J Billet Waterpump
Mazdaspeed Underdrive pulley
Mazdaspeed Alternator pulley
Polished Alternator w/custom sidemount bracket
JW Intake *Port Matched*
Mazdatrix Throttlebody bracket
E&J 1244 CFMS Throttlebody
(8) 1680cc injectors
Aeromotive Fuel Regulator
Aeroquip Hoses/Lines
Aeroquip Fuel Lines / Fittings for Throttlebody / Pump
EV Throttlebody Hat
GM Watertemp Sensor
GM AIT Sensor
ACT 6 Puck Clutch
New Flywheel
TII Transmission
GSLSE Brakes up front
Drilled Rotors up front
Custom Race Driveshaft
M&W Ignition Pro14R
M&W Ferrite Coils
All deutsch connectors, raychem dr25, loom used through out
1994 13B REW Engine / Large Judge Ito Port / Pinned / Race Bearings / Clearanced / Oil mods / 3mm Race Seals / Balanced / Polished Housings
E6K
Autometer Water Temp Gauge
Greddy EGT
Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
PLX Wideband
Aluminum Gauge Panel
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Fuel Filter
Misc Aeromotive Fuel Lines
Custom Aluminum 15 Gallon Fuel Cell
Holeshot 15x10 Holestars (Centers Anodized Black)
Mickey Thompson 325/50/15 Drag Radials
Aerospace Race Brakes
Moser 4.57 gears
Moser Spool
Moser 31 Spline Axles
Moser 8.8 Housing
Chassis Works Battlecruiser 4 Link Kit (Everything tigged)
QA1 Coilover Kit`
QA1 control arms
QA1 3/4 Rod Ends (The high dollar ones)
Aluminum 8.8 Girdle
Chassisworks Diagnal Link
(4) Enkei Wheels/Tires

DSCN3418.jpg

DSCN3406.jpg

DSCN3410.jpg

DSCN2887.jpg

DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3026.jpg

DSCN2967.jpg

Definitly a cool ride. Different yes, but still cool. I noticed you still have stock seats in there? Surely those are being replaced right? What kind of trans in there? How many cubes, dyno numbers, boost etc. Is there a cage? How fast you wanting to go in the GN?

Definitly a cool ride. Different yes, but still cool. I noticed you still have stock seats in there? Surely those are being replaced right? What kind of trans in there? How many cubes, dyno numbers, boost etc. Is there a cage? How fast you wanting to go in the GN?

Thanks,

It had Kirkey seats and a 10 point in it last year, but I sold the seats for the comfy stockers. I also cut the cage out because I'm more interested in having a fun street machine. I'm a big guy and getting older, so I wanted something I can get in and out of easily.

Trans, 5 Speed TII trans; people are running 8.80's with it. But, I wouldn't expect it to be reliable running that hard. 81 cubic inches of raw fury :biggrin:

I only have a base tune on it now, I don't trust anyone in St.Louis to tune it. Normally, I've flown someone up from Dallas to tune my RX7's but I can't get enough interest right now with the economy the way it is. I'm kinda stuck in a hard spot. Motor is built for 750-780 to the ground. Should do 720 @ 30 lbs. It's running on E85 now.

I'd take a stock GN if it's in decent shape. Modified or Stock, doesn't matter to me. I just don't want something that's been trashed.

Thanks, how much does it weight and besides the cage is it certed NHRA to run a certain #

Wow.... saw this on STLSR... didnt realize you wanted a GN.... GLWS.... maybe i'll see you in the future at a Buick meeting:confused:

Most def, I love seeing you guys run at gateway. Do you guys get together alot?

usually once a month for club meetings.... and more often during the season or for non-club sponsored events... most of the GNs are hibernating til the weather breaks....

dont really post a lot on the STLSR board, due to the the overall WHACKNESS of 99% of the content but i did follow the build of your car... looks like a very thorough job... somebody will have a nice car.... however i did really like the blue one you had more... one of my favorite imports

usually once a month for club meetings.... and more often during the season or for non-club sponsored events... most of the GNs are hibernating til the weather breaks....

dont really post a lot on the STLSR board, due to the the overall WHACKNESS of 99% of the content but i did follow the build of your car... looks like a very thorough job... somebody will have a nice car.... however i did really like the blue one you had more... one of my favorite imports

Thanks, I liked my old FD too. Actually, the guy who bought it from me sold it this week. Check out what it looks like now; :frown:

Mazda : RX-7 : eBay Motors (item 150411343841 end time Feb-14-10 07:19:22 PST)