You can type here any text you want

Forged trw std pistons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
Curious will I have to have the rotating assembly balanced with trw std forged pistons? If it will need to be balanced what would I expect if it was not balanced?

Vibration.

Anytime you swap out a piston set you should rebalance it. If you remove and clean a stock piston/pin and weight it, and if it is with-in a few grams of the TRW ones, then you will be OK. The TRW pistons are pretty light, but they add a HUGE wrist pin to add weight to match the stock pistons. NHRA says that they are legal to use because they weigh similar to the stock piston. (NHRA Stock Eliminator) What most guys do is replace the heavy pin with a good light weight pin to reduce reciprocating mass. It's easier on the rods/bearings.

Vibration.

Anytime you swap out a piston set you should rebalance it. If you remove and clean a stock piston/pin and weight it, and if it is with-in a few grams of the TRW ones, then you will be OK. The TRW pistons are pretty light, but they add a HUGE wrist pin to add weight to match the stock pistons. NHRA says that they are legal to use because they weigh similar to the stock piston. (NHRA Stock Eliminator) What most guys do is replace the heavy pin with a good light weight pin to reduce reciprocating mass. It's easier on the rods/bearings.

The machine shop said everthing is ok, they assembled the engine.

If you used the heavy pins that came with them you should be gtg if it was a stock rotating assembly prior to that.

If you used the heavy pins that came with them you should be gtg if it was a stock rotating assembly prior to that.

Thanks for the breath of fresh air. Every thing stock, and the pins are the units that came with the pistons. Thanks for the reply.

Back