FOUND GNX 249

boostjunkie

NEED MORE BOOST
GNX 249 was stolen from NJ in 2004 with 58 miles on the car , the car is still in one piece and looks good would be cool to get it back to the orig owner does any one have info for him

I feel like most of the story on the car is missing. Any more info on the car or a link to where it is posted for sale? Keep in mind this forum along with a registry is a great way to keep track of these cars. The more info the better!

It looks like the number on the dash is shown in one picture and it is 249 on the dash.

So did this thing sell? I wish I would have seen this earlier. The sale date says the 20th but it doesn't seem like it's been marked as sold online.

i am very familiar with this car............about three years ago i was contacted by the police in Arizona with questions about this car...........its a really long story and just as crazy......i don't have the time or typing skills to begin to cover it all but i will abbreviate it..........the scumbag that stole this car operated a giant theft ring in the northeast and amassed a huge collection of exotic cars and believe it or not this GNX was not even close to being the most expensive one of the lot...........over a period of time the police were able to identify original owners of all the cars except for this GNX.........the guy went to prison for several years (he should have been executed and i would have volunteered to do it) and like most of the scum in our criminal system he only got a few years.........since the GNX could not be identified it sat in a police compound for the entire time and when the loser got out of jail he proceeded to claim that this was his legitimate property...........when he stole a car his mode of operation was to re-vin all the cars with legitimate numbers ............he had previously re-vined this car with the vin of a GN that he had title to and proceeded to take legal action to "get his car back"........his claim was that this car was not a real GNX but that he had bult a "GNX clone".............the court battle drug out for nearly 2 years.............about halfway through this period i was asked to fly out to Arizona and as a expert on this type of car make a determination if this was a clone or a real GNX and be able to prove it with 100% certainty..........he had expertly removed all the vins from the car and done a darn good job of re stamping them all..........not only was i able to prove beyond doubt i was even able to determine the vin and with the data i have even contact the original owner.......I have been in contact with him over the last couple years while the legal tangles got sorted out and the insurance company finally stepped in.....i talked to him about a week ago and he was going to try to buy it back..........i haven't heard how that was going ...........tomorrow i will give him a call................RC

Thats great that you were able to use your expertise to make sure the scumbag did not get it.

i talked to him about a week ago and he was going to try to buy it back..........i haven't heard how that was going ...........tomorrow i will give him a call................RC

Not sure but it does not look like he bought it back since it was up for auction in Arizona last week as a salvage title since VIN had been removed or altered. I unfortunately did not have the highest bid:(. Would realy have liked to have one of the true 547 even if the car had a blemished history.

Not sure but it does not look like he bought it back since it was up for auction in Arizona last week as a salvage title since VIN had been removed or altered. I unfortunately did not have the highest bid:(. Would realy have liked to have one of the true 547 even if the car had a blemished history.

what did it sell for?

what did it sell for?
Don't know for sure since they don't seem to post final sale figures like some other auctions. It was a sealed bid auction, not like typical auction you would think of. You basically had to make your best offer by 12 noon on auction day and you either got it or not. Believe it sold for around $30k but not absolutely sure.

Wow for $30k that's a steal....I'm sure some used car lot ended up buying it because all they see are $$ signs.

Wow for $30k that's a steal....I'm sure some used car lot ended up buying it because all they see are $$ signs.

Again, not sure if it actualy sold for that amount and it was listed as a Grand National not a GNX. Only way you could tell what it was is to know what to look for. VIN they had listed started with a X instead of a 1 (I assume because it was missing) so it was a gamble as to weather or not it was actually it. I did a search and GNX registery showed that 249 was last known to be in Arizona so I was willing to take a chance because the entire VIN was the same as 249 exept for first digit and X is impossible for firts digit.

Another thing to consider is that depending on what state it was going to it might not be able to be registered because of the salvage title and at the very least it will be a pain in the but with a bunch of hoops to jump through with DMV. I also don't think anyone would ever provide financing for that particular car with VIN/salvage issue so that limits the potential to re-sell alot especially for profit by a dealer. I wanted it to keep it, drive it and to finally have the ability to tell people yes it's real at car shows.