You can type here any text you want

found one of the 1% civics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
We win some, we lose some. Now put in some race gas and get him to run you for some cash:D I've intentionally lost a few to go after a bigger payday;)

A high 12 is fast up here - for any car.
Hey Dennis, you went to the HS drags Monday didn't you? How did you do?

sure did, the car ran GREAT.

my first run was a 13.6 with a bad launch, didn't purge the n2o, so i just flooded it with fuel at the line. 2nd run i was supoust to run the police cheaf in his camero, i won some drawing for that, he was being pretty cockey saying in the last 5 years he has lost once. i know they run mid 14's so just to rub it in a little more i went no juice and got a 13.8. next round i hit a 2.0 60' went 13.2 at 103 mph. i've had that mph without the spray before so i think it easly has more than that in it. first round of eleminations i redlit to my best friend, i was trying to beat him off the tree so i cut it close, and the car pulled off a 1.86 60' but got a lot of false knock after the 1/8th so i shut it down; still went a 14.1.

i only ran 19# not knowing what the nitrous would do, so i think if i bump it up to 22# or so juice the first 60' i should be looking at a high to mid 12.

oh it was on et streets too, no more street tires.

Originally posted by denn454
run the police cheaf in his camero, i won some drawing for that, he was being pretty cockey saying in the last 5 years he has lost once. i know they run mid 14's so just to rub it in a little more i went no juice and got a 13.8.

So did you beat the cop?

Jim

The VTEC is engaged by a solenoid that allows oil pressure to the rockers which locks the VTEC rocker to the VTEC lobe. You can turn on the VTEC by any means that allows an electrical signal to the solenoid. I have mine turned on at 4700. I know of a few turbo guys that have the VTEC on a switch in 3rd and 4th gear only. This gets the turbo going better with the smaller lobes, since there is not much load in first or second gear in a Honda, especially one with the B16 tranny.

Originally posted by turbojimmy
So did you beat the cop?

Jim

strange thing, his car broke down right before he had to race me:rolleyes: go figure, i raced a crown vic and tore it to pieces, but they run 18's anyways.

Back