You can type here any text you want

FP Reg and Gauge Suggestions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Checked fuel pressure today at idle with my handheld gauge. Got 55psi with the vac line off. Got 43 with it on.

Any suggestions on a regulator?

Also,time for an inconspicuous hood mounted gauge. Been looking at the Autometer liquid filled Pro Comp. It would be nice if I could find a black painted cup. Maybe get one powdercoated at the place I use nearby.

I've got a $20 coupon for Summit I've got to use up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Steve. '87 GN. Mostly stock. Powerlogger.

I don't think there is a stealthy way to put a gauge on the hood!
I have one and took it off for a few days - not knowing for sure what my pressure was spooked me so I put it back on!
I am contemplating a electric gauge since a Powerlogger is my next mod. I see you have a PL - stick a gauge inside?

Not sure why I have 55psi with the vac line off. As far as I know,it's the stock pump.

It was mentioned here that there is a good adjustable regulator,and one not so good. I'll have to dig for that post.

I've always been lead to believe that an electric fuel press gauge is not such a good idea. Same goes for a mechanical one inside the car.

Steve. '87 GN. t-tops. Mostly stock. Powerlogger.

I tried a Holley FPR but it just wouldn't seal at the rail and it looked really cheap. I ordered an Accufab and it works great and looks fantastic too. Maybe your gauge is incorrect. Does the top of your FPR looked dented in by the vacuum port? I have a mechanical gauge that mounts on the hood for tuning. Once I'm done I take it off.

I tried a Holley FPR but it just wouldn't seal at the rail and it looked really cheap. I ordered an Accufab and it works great and looks fantastic too. Maybe your gauge is incorrect. Does the top of your FPR looked dented in by the vacuum port? I have a mechanical gauge that mounts on the hood for tuning. Once I'm done I take it off.

My FPR does look dented in at the top. My guess is that is the original one.

The really good FPR that was mentioned here wasn't a Holley. I believe it was an Accufab. But there were 2 different models... ?

My FP tester should be ok. It's fairly new. Plus I've tested it on my other cars which tested within limits. I don't believe 55psi is ok with the line off.

I did some research and found an Autometer 2 5/8 cup in gloss black. It's coming along with a braided line and liquid dampened mechanical gauge.

In response to Wendy: Thanks for your input. $100+ is a little more than I'd like to spend on putting that gauge IN the car.

Steve. '87 GN,t-tops. Mostly stock. Powerlogger.

Back