Frame off restoration kind of.

Things R looking UP!!!

Many late nights, and the car is back and running again.

I got advice from Dan Strezo letting me know what I did wrong. I did not buy my timing chain and distributor gear set up from DLS, wished I would have. Dan’s advice is worth more than you pay for the parts.

Don Cruz was pretty close on the diagnosis at Bowling Green. Went through the whole engine again, and it seems to b running pretty good. I chose to double key the cam just to make sure this doesn’t happen to me again.

My wife finally got to drive her car down the strip. She was pumped and listened very well, letting off at the 1/8 mile. My Friend Pat was right there teaching me how to use the Fast system.

Saturday I stole her car and we went to Bunker Hill. Got to make some 1/8 th mile passes. It turned out to be a great day, all the parts are working well together. Pat dialed in the tune. A phone call into Cal for some expert advice on setting up the two step.

Main goal was not to hurt any thing. The car went 6.57 @106.33 mile per hour in the 1/8th. We will keep working on it.

Attachments

• up.JPG
    up.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 710
BIG BIG BIG Congrats Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: Great to see you up and running. Car looks great!:biggrin:

What's funny is that you could have come in 4th in the Pinks all out wheelly contest at Norwalk the other week:)

Need help!!!! First could use dan StrEzo's Phone number.I live in NY.
Did complete poly bushing PST on whole car. Nextput complete white Orginal
color on 1987 Limited. High mileage car.

My big problem. I want to rebuild stock block motor.Need some one who can do this.Ilive 30 miles from GW. Bridge.Please help if you can. Car is running all sensors new....Any help Greatly appreciated.....TIA..RobV6.

Home
(219) 956-3653
Monday - Friday 8-5 CST
Saturday appointments only
886 East 900 North
Wheatfield, Indiana 46392

My big problem. I want to rebuild stock block motor.Need some one who can do this.Ilive 30 miles from GW. Bridge.Please help if you can. Car is running all sensors new....Any help Greatly appreciated.....TIA..RobV6.

Here is my advice: Call Dan Strezo, tell him what your power expectations are. Then have him build your engine. Pay him in cash when he is done. It will be the best money you will ever spend.

I would have a time slip from BG had I done it this way. Dan gives great advice, the more money you spend with him the more advice you get, but I am sure he is not telling everything he knows. It would take to much time.

My engine broke because I overlooked something, and I am extremely anal and pay attention to every detail. Dan is at a level which most will never attain.

Sam, unbelieveable attention to detail. I don't know how I could have missed this thread until today. Congrats, the car looks aswesome.

Thanks for the compliment Sam on the welding and the car looks good but still waiting on the car to drive to the house and go for a ride!!!!! :D

Pinks ALL Out

Sam Called me from Pinks all out in St Louis.

On his first full qtr mile run he ran mid 10 seconds. But he was REALLY excited about his second run.

His second run was a 10.20 @over 130 MPH but what made him happy is that on his 1.4 sec 60ft he pulled the front wheel about 3 ft off the ground. Some of the spectators told him that they could see his front wheels above the barriers.

He was in staging to make what would probably be the last run of the day when I talked to him so I don't know how well his last run went.

Pinks all out was a blast. This is an event to bring the whole family too. My 7 year old son was having great time on all the inflatable play equipment thay had at the track.

I made one pass Friday, this was actully the first 1/4 mile run in the car. It went 10.20 @130.33 MPH.

The speed channel interviewed my wife and I Saturday morning. Then I made my first pass of the day. On this pass I turned the launch boost up one pound. I am pretty sure the wheely will make the show. I'll be bummed if it don't. I let go of the trans brake and the car just drove into a wheely:biggrin: . all I could see was the sky line off the end of the hood. The car went 1.41 60ft, and 10.16 at 131.76 mile per hour. NOt sure what it ran on the second pass as they do not give yiou tour time slip on the second pass.

The converter is way to tight, I took it out this morning a moved some shims around in it. Got it about 300 RPM looser. Turnig the boost down and the keys back over to the wife. I don't get to drive it anymore:( .

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 444
Glad to hear the good news... you've put alot of time and effort towards the car... Of course it's time to hand over the key's to the wife :)

Let us know when the show plan's to air!!!

~Scott

Glad to hear the good news... you've put alot of time and effort towards the car... Of course it's time to hand over the key's to the wife :)

Let us know when the show plan's to air!!!

~Scott

The show will be on September 11th. I am going to miss driving this car on the track. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Now that I have officially set the record for the amount of time a person can borrow a mig welder i will get yours back to you. Thanks for all your help. I know your business keeps you extremely busy and I am very appreciative of the help you gave.

Toni loves her car. I sure am lucky to have such a talentd group of friends.

Well I quess the car is Done (well not really). I thought I would post up some finished pictures of it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 403
9 second street cars or alot of work.

Here are some of the engine, and cockpit.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 398
Looks Great Sam!!

You should be very very proud and it looks like all the hard work is paying off in the end!!!

1-BeavisAndButthead01.jpg

Heh heh... You said cockpit

Here are some of the engine, and cockpit.

If the wife is driving it now... I think the "Cockpit" needs to be re-named. :)

Great pictures... Sorry I've been so tied up with family stuff and back-logged work that I've not been able to come watch and support you guys.

I hope to go the the MWBC... can't wait to see the car run!!!

Great job!!!
Scott

Need some guidance on this subject. I have a roller I purchased about a year ago that I'm restoring to a show car condition.

I have the entire front end removed, i.e. suspension, fenders, hood, etc. I have recently removed all the oiled junk on the front portion of the frame and painted it with Eastwood's Chassis Black. Look's nice! Can't believe how much piled up oil and mud can accumalate through the years. :eek:

Anyway, I want to continue to paint the rest of the frame and at the same time change out the bushings. My question, if I remove all the seats, carpet, etc. from inside, can I easily lift up the body from underneath using 4x2's? If so, should I position the lumber from right to left or front to rear on each side? Which would be best?

I don't plan on sliding the frame out as I will be cleaning and painting it where it stands. At the same time I want to remove the fuel lines so I can paint them or chrome them. Not sure yet.

Another question, if I do go with lifting the body off the frame, what measurements do I need to take to make sure when I attached the body back to the frame it's lined up evenly?

Appreciate your opinions/thoughts! :)

Dannyo

if You need

Just read your story. I just finished the same thing. By the way I own Orginal 5,100 org Gn no rain or runs. If you can't figure what was where.
Icould help. I also just did a Limited white with blue interior.>Wife stuck it to me so driver is going.I did it all from full pst new urathane parts. stripped all glass out. putnew doors trunk. Just was going to freshen motor.

Andyway point I wanted a car I could drive and not worry. put meddallions in she's done....Hate selling it.