Frame off restoration kind of.

Wow

Sam,
You continue to inspire me, keep up the good work. Thanks for the progress report.

Transmission is going in next.

I installed the Trans shifter cable to the shifter and got it adjusted to hit all the gears perfectly. I do it this way because it is so much easier to shift the gears and then fine tune the cable length adjustment. Instead of putting it in one gear then crawling under the car to confirm it puts the lever connected to the valve body in the right place, adjust it, then go back up the console, shift to next gear, crawl under the car, adjust or not adjust.

Adjusting it all in one place works best for me, but I learned from past experience to make sure you have the cable in the similar configuration to represent how it will be routed when installed permanently. Depending on how the cable is twisted to go into its final position can change the cable length adjustment.

Tran’s lines are all hooked up. Man, I hate making -6 braided hoses. Transmission will go in tomorrow night.

Attachments

• 1 005.jpg
    1 005.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 649
Let's Launch Some Scuds at It

Sam,
Can I bring that thing down to MS and use it for target practice? I think it will take it :D

Sam,
Can I bring that thing down to MS and use it for target practice? I think it will take it :D

My wife will say you can use me for target practice if I don't hurry up and get her car done.

Stayed up late tonight working on it. I keep admiring what a great job Brian Cotton did making my down pipe that thing fits really great.

Transmission is in, next will be to button up the lines, put the dipstick in place, and some other misc.

I am going to sleep for now.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 641
busy weekend

Transmission is all buttoned up. Electric speedo is wired up, trans brake power is hooked up, and all the lines are routed and hooked up to the cooler in the back.

Next is to set up the row radiator and dual fans from G body parts. This radiator is really nice. I had some fitting made which go into the radiator and allow me to hook up -10 hose end to the built in engine oil cooler. This thing has the fitting welded into it so the factory hose all work, it even has the trans cooler line accommodations in the front like the car originally came with from the factory. A+ on this radiator.

I made some bracket so I could mount the dual fans directly to it. Put the adaptor fittings into it today, so I can run my external oil pump lines to it. Also got it all installed.

Even got my external oil filter mounted up today, and got the RJC Megacooler installed.

Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• rad.jpg
    rad.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 641
Also got the exhaust instaled today.

Here is picture where one can see the trans cooler, and the exhaust.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 626
Are you running a trans cooler in the rad and below that gas tank? That looks great.

I just hope you don't damage the trans cooler when dragging the bumper :biggrin: :biggrin:

I just hope you don't damage the trans cooler when dragging the bumper :biggrin: :biggrin:

My drive way does not have a real steep incline so I should be alright when pulling in and out onto the road. Thats what you were worried about correct.

I really do not want to come across as this is going to be a mega powerfull car, I am still learning alot about these cars and the main goal here is to have some fun with it.

I chose to build this car for the TSM class, because all the guys I have met racing this class seem to be real respectfull people, and alot of fun to hang out with. Hopefully it will get faster a learn more about everything.

Current goal is just to get it down to Bowling Green and racing it competitively would be biting off more than I can chew right now.

But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Gotta watch those driveways, they will jump out and get you every time :biggrin:

Seriously, I stand in awe every time you post a new picture. The attention to detail and meticulous thought put into every piece is amazing. Thanks for sharing your work, can't wait to see more!!!!

Wiring is almost complete. Thanks Cal for the help with accessories going to the XFI. Also thanks to my Buddy Wrench Monkey for hooking me up with weather pack connectors. I am sure I owe you something for the connecters I used.

Tonight was another late night working on the car, but we hit a major milestone. Thanks Pat for getting my lap top all straightened out, viruses gone, and new FAST software installed. Most of all, thanks for the help tonight.

THE ENGINE IS ALIVE!! Tonight I got to smell the desirable scent of TORCO race gas being pushed out the tail pipes of the Buick. Time to get some sleep there is still plenty left to do.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 578
You got it fired up....NICE!!!

I just have to finish a few things on my engine, then I'm ready for BG. I put the pistons in this week...short block is done. Just got finished putting the interior back in now. Can't wait! See you in BG Sam:biggrin:

That's the time to do it. Your buddy was smart to gusset up the frame. I did the same and went with PST poly bushings. Funny or odd how cars are so personnel to rust. I had only one whole under stainless. It's a Limited. Put new gas tank and pump.This was last year

Great!!!!

I think you should bring some extra trans fluid to the track so you can replace it when the trans cooler scrapes the ground :)

Glad it's up and running!!!!

Good luck in bowling green... My engine is still in Ohio. :(
~Scott

Actually he is good on location of the cooler, at first look I even thought it was low but then I remembered how I welded up the chute tubing and if it hit the cooler then he is ruining the rear quarters, fuel pump mount and by-by bumper and chute!!!! :eek: :cool: So hopefully Sam DOESN'T do this because it would take some time to redo another frame for him!!!! LOL..... So Sam take it easy on the car!!!! HE HE HE... And see you tomorrow night to mock up the seats.

I was totally kidding.... well except for the part about scraping up the back bumper :)

Looks amazing, Sam. Still fighting demons with mine. Since we rebuilt that motor again it's been one thing after another. Cam sensor crapped out, dropped trash in the oil pan, removed, cleaned, leaks like crazy, gotta replace with a cork gasket. One of these days..

Good to hear from you Adrian.

Scott, I hope you get your engine back soon. Its not me you have to worry about pulling the wheels and scraping things. My wife is the one that is hard on cars.

Anothor late night working on the car. More wires ran and hooked up. Oil Pro lite installed. Changed my mind on where I had all the pressure sender and switches mounted. Having a manifold made to mount all the sending units to. I'll run a oil line to the manifold then hook all the senders into it. Every thing was a little to close to the exhaust header for me to feel comfortable.

UnderDog hooked up my windows, locks, and put all the door panels on for me tonight. Thanks Tim.

Time to goto sleep. 15 more days until I leave for BG:eek: .

Sam