frame sag on GNs

gndeligirl

Has anyone had any experiance with frame sag on GNs. Is it common. My 87 GN sits about an inch lower on the front passenger side. Giving a bit of noticable lean. I have measured it and the front frame rail is one inch higher than the left. Is this something that is repairable, or am I going to have problems down the road.

Unless the car has been in a wreck,or acutely rusty, the frame is likely fine.

The shock & spring condition are 2 much more likely suspects.

HTH :)

Thanks but the sag condition is the same with two different springs. I think the front end was hit at one time. The car tracks well and does not wear tires.

My GN was like this and it ended up being the A-arm bushing by the downpipe. It got fried and broke up/fell out. I had all my bushings replaced and that fixed it.

Thanks I will check the bushings. But I think its still the frame .I have measured the distance from the bottom of the frame rail on both sides and the passenger is one inch higher. Also when the car is on jackstands the right front tire hangs about an inch higher than the left.

Any truly professional alignment shop or body shop with a frame machine can answer the question on possible frame damage from a prior accident in a couple of minutes.

HTH :)

Maybe frame is OK & you have bad body bushings. My car used to lean to the right, but once I did those along with shocks & springs, it sits pretty good now... My 0.02