Frame specs needed please anyone!

Jameson

Hey guys I trickled over from Monte Carlo SS to ask for some help and I made a post on Malibu racing as well. Does anyone have the frame specs for the Regal, Monte, Cutlass etc? My SS is in the frame shop having the frame fixed and they tell me they dont have the specs and measurements and can't press on to straighten it. Its not twisted badly at all in fact only a inch and half off at the rear frame rails.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

The '78-'87 era Malibu is a G-Body.

~JM~

Well I was a little skeptical as I took this picture
frame-dim.jpg

And then started crunching the numbers on a Malibu frame specs I had
malibuframepic7ga.jpeg

And they were not matching when I measured the rear frame rails and front frame rails to compare that they are in fact not the same measurements. So I have been going in circles trying to find if they are the same frames. I may have just become overly frustrated with the body shop (this is the 5th one to attempt to straighten) and keep getting the "its to old" comment on why they dont have the specs and over thinking the whole thing. I just want my car back straight so I can continue on working on it.

I appreciate your help

There is a company that makes g-body frames. Someone on here posted a picture of it. Im sure they could tell you what the specs are.

schwartzperformance.com They make complete bolt in frames. They should know. good luck

So you measured your Monte SS and it didnt agree with those Malibu specs?

I too am stranded with frame shop incompetence. as of now, I got car back and noticed that the centerlink is not even. Im worried about taking it back for hte 3rd time. Now keep in mind, its been to 2 other shops. Here is some specs that didnt help me because they wont print out without cutting all info to pieces. www.thedirtforum.com/Metricframe.jpeg

Oh well, i see that that page is lost. It ws very detailed with explanations with each sector. How come these jacklegs cant just keep a book in a corner somewhere!

I stand corrected... After 2 days searching online I found that in fact the Malibu specs are the same as the G-body... I dropped them off to the frame shop to find that the frame is very twisted. I have someone in Jersey 7hrs away that is selling me a rolling chassis so I will be doing a frame swap now. Guess this would be a good time to stiffen the chassis before dropping the body back onto it.