You can type here any text you want

Friday Night, (04/02), Open Test-N-Tune at Gateway

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bret Kepner

I just wanted to remind everybody that Gateway Int'l Raceway is running an open Test-N-Tune on Friday night, April 2nd, with gates opening at 5:00 PM. Everything, from street-tire cars and race cars to bikes and Junior Dragsters can run.

The test session is actually for the NHRA Division 3-5 National Open this weekend, but Gateway opened it up a few years ago so as not to exclude the local racers. Track prep should be good, and with quite few of the faster NHRA Divisional cars running, (on slicks), the starting line should retain more heat.

Even though temperatures are supposed to range from 62 to 39 during the day, atmospheric conditions should be pretty incredible; a high pressure system will probably keep the barometer up around 30.15 and, with lower humidity, you can figure the corrected altitude could go as low as -400 feet at 50 degrees. If it hooks, big numbers are just about guaranteed.

Don't quote me on it, but I think it's $20 to race.

Back