You can type here any text you want

Front Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jay dcpt

Just gettin the car out and doing a couple things to get it ready for the nice weather. One of the things it needs badly is front brakes and i was just wondering your guys opinion on a goob basic pad and rotor combo. Just thought i would ask you guys first before i go buy them this week.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting set up thats deffinetly something to keep in mind.

The stock GM semi-metallic pads work great.

New or turned rotors are a must and cheap to do. :smile:

On my old mustang and current jeep I use brembo solid rotors and hawk hps pads. Both cars stopped predictably with good bite but take a stop or two to really work optimally.

I like the good ole OEM calipers...have them on both cars...race car I did get some pads from a friend of mine who works at Baer...great stopping power at 133+ MPH...

If you arent planning to get crazy with it, just get new rotors and a set of ceramic pads. I'm not a fan of the semi metallics becuase the dust contains metal and once it gets on the car, it will have a tendounsy to show fine rust specs. I've had a heck of a time with it on my truck! Most ceramics from the parts store will cost you $35 and have a lifetime warranty.

I would stay away from the ceramics. They will cause an increase in rotor warpage. The cramic pad insulates too well and does not allow the heat transfer into the caliper.

I would stay away from the ceramics. They will cause an increase in rotor warpage. The cramic pad insulates too well and does not allow the heat transfer into the caliper.

I disagree. My car has seen some pretty harsh conditions. I've never once had a problem.

hmm the great brake pad debate. i think i'll start a thread and poll to see what answers we can get on this.

Baer makes a brake pad that will work with the oem caliper and rotor?

Yep...and they are much better than OEM pads...plus very little dust...I can actually tell the difference in stopping power at 133+ MPH between the Baer pads and the OEM ones...if interested I can talk to my friend...

Back