FRONT CALIPERS from U.S. BRAKE

SNOWBIRD

has anybody tested these brake calipers as an inexpensive upgrade....I believe big wheel cylinders in the rear and these calipers in the front which have bigger pistons would improve braking on a budget

Anybody,

I called summit & they have these in stock
Oversized Metric GM calipers-20% increase in clamping power,$79 per side

Rear- s10 wheel cylinders
do you use 2 longer(soft) brake shoes on each side???

And replace rubber brake lines w/new braided

After doing the above-I think that would be the best brake improvement w/o modify spindles

What rotors & brake pads would you use

Can we have a few people chime in please!!
FRED

i would just get the 98 and up 2wd blazer brakes the knuckle just bolts right in...

US Brakes

I used them on my 86 Dark Red T/Type along with a set of S/S flex lines. The set I got were sleeved with S/S,Jet Hot coated and loaded with Performance Friction pads. I've been very happy with them. It's been 10 years since I done the change.

Kenny E ,,,did Your Car Stop Better ,,did The Brake Pedal Stay The Same Height,,was There A Real Improvement To Merit A Change To These Calipers.....tell Me What Ever You Can

US brakes

Yes it stopped better, But I feel it was the pads that made it work for me the braided S/S lines will give a firmer pedal. Also at that time I rebuilt the rears as well everything including the backing plates was replaced. A stock replacement caliper isn't going to improve a stock system in good working order. The S10 setup or some of the aftermarket kits will show better results than what I have. My car is just a cruiser and a show and shine now and then otherwise just a garage queen.

Anybody,

I called summit & they have these in stock
Oversized Metric GM calipers-20% increase in clamping power,$79 per side

Rear- s10 wheel cylinders
do you use 2 longer(soft) brake shoes on each side???

And replace rubber brake lines w/new braided

After doing the above-I think that would be the best brake improvement w/o modify spindles

What rotors & brake pads would you use

Can we have a few people chime in please!!
FRED

Anybody else??