You can type here any text you want

Front control arm suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

My bushings on my right upper control arm are shot so I am looking at three options:
1) replace all the bushings and ball joints in both stock upper and lower control arms with Moog bushings and ball joints
2) purchase UMI uppers that GBody sells for $170 and rebuild my stock lowers
3) purchase UMI uppers and lower that GBody sells for $590

What do you guys think, I am looking to improve the handling without braking the bank. This is a street driven,weekend,summer ride. Thanks for your opinion, Kyle.

You can also get steel teflon bushings for the lowers if you want. There's also the delalum ones for the lowers as well. I would replace the uppers with a tubular one because omost of the better ones use a greasable bronze bushing so it won't be effected by heat from the downpipe.:)

A quality replacement from your local auto supply shop & Kirbans heat shield on the right outer/upper. Kirbans heat shield looks good too.

All depends on your budget. You can get tubular uppers from GBody for $135. When I get around to it, I plan to do the uppers, then if money comes around later do the lowers.

If money is not really a stopping point the look at SC&C packages. They have some great stuff. SPC parts

If money is not really a stopping point the look at SC&C packages. They have some great stuff. SPC parts
The funny part about his parts is you can find them for less if you look around. Those crappy SPC uppers that bend, he sells, can be bought for almost $100 cheaper off Amazon. Just do a part number search for them. There are several thread out there where those specific arms have bent while driving normally on the street.:D And yes, I look for them.:eek:

Back