You can type here any text you want

Front shock mounting clips and bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Abe Froman

Anybody know the P/N's or where to find them? The search box doesnt work right now.
Snapped a bolt head and the other bolt spins with the clip...on the last shock of course! DIY sucks sometimes :mad:

Did you ever find any info on these bolts and clips?

I just did my front shocks and three of those clips broke on me, pain in the @ss. Finally ended up cutting all the bolt heads off and went with new bolts, washers and nuts. I'd still like to find the correct clips and bolts. Thanks.

GM Part Numbers
Nut-371964
Bolt-11515756

The nuts should be down on the Help rack. Those are 8mm and used on just about every RWD truck and car from the late 70's on.

Cool, I'll have to see if I can find these. After taking the car out with the new shocks, bolts, nuts and washers (bolts, nuts, and washers put together from various parts laying around in the garage). I checked everything and they held up. I don't know much about bolts, but I'm guessing GM would have used a certain stength bolt and nut for the shocks, they get alot of stress and weight put on them, so I'd feel a whole lot better with the correct bolts and nuts on there.

Glad he chimed in, I lucked out and found someone with some extras on hand. Never knew the part number......:redface:

Back