You can type here any text you want

Front suspension vibration

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamcar86

The car is vibrating through the steering column and wheel. It has brand new tires that have been computer balanced and the alignment is good. My question is what is the most common front suspension problem for a G body car? The car has 131,000 miles on it. My guess is the tie rods or tie rod adjustment sleeve. Is this the right place to check and how do you check without taking everything apart?

I know guys say they vibrate, but I have them on both sides and I've never felt any vibration. Of course I'm old too and probably don't feel much of anything. Why not take it back to the guys who did the alignment?

I know guys say they vibrate, but I have them on both sides and I've never felt any vibration. Of course I'm old too and probably don't feel much of anything. Why not take it back to the guys who did the alignment?

That is probably a good idea. Just wanted to make sure if I need to be looking at anything else. Last thing I would want to happen is have the front end coming apart at 100 plus MPH.

Some times when you get new tires balanced, you take it out and run it, and you will lose a wheel weight. If you have a vibration, they should re-balance them no charge. Also, you can put a jack under the A-arm and check the wheel for play. Loose wheel bearings, bad tie rods, bad or broken shock, bad alignment, the list goes on !! Good Luck :cool:

Gulp! I hope it is one of the less serious things mentioned above. I will check the wheel weights and jack the car up and do some poking around. If I am lucky it will be something simple like those wheel weights.

Back